09. the bad boy shows up

Three days.

He didn't contact me for three days. Three days and he never explained to me why he stood me up. I never saw him on Sunday. He didn't show up to school on Monday and today's Tuesday.

I open the entrance door of the school and walk through the crowd in the hallway to get to my locker with the few minutes left that I have before school starts.

On my way, two certain boy caught my eyes. Jace and Carter.

They both have their backs turned towards me, looking at something interesting in their phone. I can tell by the amused expression on their faces.

Curious, I carefully walk over to them, trying not to make a sound. I lean over their shoulders to see what's so interesting that's got them hook.

To my surprise, it's a video clip of Archer. Archer and girls to be exact. He's laughing and enjoying himself while three to five girls are all up on him like crazy predators, grinding and touching him. The sight of this makes me sick to my stomach.

"Is this why he stood me up?" I blurt out.

Jace and Carter instantly turn back to face me, surprise and shock clearly evident in their faces.

"Fuck," they both mutter under their breath, giving each other the come-up-with-an-excuse-or-else-Archer-is-going-to-kill-us look.

"No! Of course not. This is..."

"A video..."

"From a long time ago."

"That I secretly kept..."

They both finish each other's sentences. It's obvious that they're lying.

But I continue with the flow just for the heck of it.

"Why did you secretly keep this video? Does it turn you on? Carter, are you in love wth my boyfriend?"

Carter deadpan, "Seriously?"

Laughter erupts from me follow by Jace.

The bell rings and the hall began to clear out. I say bye to them and make my way to my first period, English.

Entering the room, everyone is still talking and hanging out with their friends meaning that the teacher is not here yet.

Lacey approach me, "Hey, did you finish your paper?"

I froze, my heart beating. "What paper?"

"The one that's due right now."

Oh, right!

"I finished that." Wait. Oh my gosh. I forgot to print it out. With Archer in my mind for the last three days, I forgot to print it out. Crap.

I rush back out and run through the empty hall to the study hall to print out my English paper. It took five minutes to log in to my account and print and log out.

After that, I quickly grab the stapler in a table and staple the five pages of paper together. I run out the door and to the hallway.

I pray to God, that the teacher isn't here yet. Please don't be here. Please.

I turn around the corner of the hallway only to bump into someone. I bounce back, dropping my paper on the floor, and almost land on the floor but that someone quickly grab my arm, holding me up before I could land on my ass.

"You okay?"

I look up to see Archer staring back at me with a smirk - a look I haven't seem in three days.

"I'm fine. Thank you." I jerk back so I won't be in his hold anymore and pick up my paper on the floor.

"Chloe-"

"You two!" Someone tell out. Archer and I turn to the source of the voice to see Mr. West, our history teacher.

"Detention! Now get back to class." He shout at us, waiting for us to go to class.

I let out a frustrating sigh before walking back to English class, not looking back to see if Archer is still there.

-

"I have detention." I tell Heidi.

"What?"

"Yeah. I was in the hall with Archer while class was in session and we got caught by Mr. West."

"Well, good luck with that. Archer's not going to show up. He won't get in trouble even if he doesn't show up because, you know, his grandma being the director and all."

Ugh. She's right. That's not fair. He should be treated like the rest of us.

"Bye." We both say our goodbyes and part ways. She goes to her car while I go to detention. Yeah me. Ugh.

I make my way through the hallway and stopped in front of the detention room. I was about to open the door but stopped when someone wraps their arm around my shoulders.

I look to the owner in surprise.

"Why are you so surprised? You think I'm going to leave my girlfriend all by herself in here?"