15. the bad boy and the boy from the past

"Chloe?" He questions.

I froze in place, wide eyed, from shock at seeing him again.

Tyson Dallas is the true definition of a devil. He only knows how to hurt and hurt some more. He doesn't have a bit of care for anyone but himself.

"It is you! What are you doing here in the middle of the night?" He asks with a grin. Why is he so happy to see me?

"It's none of your business," I spit out and continue on my way. I hear the door of his car opening and closing behind me. Next thing I know, he grabs my arm and jerk me back.

"It's been a while since I've last seen you. Let's not treat each other like this." I scoff in disbelief at his words.

"Funny, last time I saw you, you were skipping town, running for your life." I retort.

"That was a year ago. I've come back a changed man." He assures me but I'm not falling for it - not again.

"You really expect me to believe that? Do you know how many times I've believed you when you told me that you've changed? And every single time, she's the one who ends up getting hurt." I look at him with a cold, empty stare.

His face harden as if I've hit a soft spot then it quickly turn into a smirk, "What's past is past." He says like its nothing. Like what he did had no consequences. And that made me only more angry.

My jaws tighten as I jerk my arm away from his hold and walk away from him. He doesn't seem to like that because next thing, he pulls me back to him.

"Let me go!" I raise my voice in anger.

"It's the middle of the night and from the look of it, you don't have a ride. I'll take you home," he offers.

"Just leave me alone." I try to get my hand out of his tight grip but fail miserably.

"It's dangerous to be walking out this late. I'll take you home. Get in." He drags me to his car no matter how much I refuse.

It's more dangerous to be with him in the car than walking alone by myself.

"Chloe-" Archer comes out of nowhere and pulls Tyson away from me. He grabs Tyson by his collar in a swift movement and held his fist in the air, ready to punch Tyson, but something made him stop.

Archer looks at Tyson for the first time and something changes in his eyes. "Tyson?"

My mouth open in shock. My eyebrows furrow in confusion.

"Surprised?" Tyson grin, satisfied by the shock look on Archer.

Archer puts down his fist and lets go of Tyson unwillingly. He's still tense and shock at the sight of Tyson.

I watch the scene play out in silent, still shock that Archer knows Tyson. How even?

Archer locks eye with me after letting go of Tyson. He's looks sober now. I break away and look at Tyson to see him staring back at me, amused at something he saw.

"Wow, this just keeps getting better." He laughs, looking between me and Archer. Amusement fills his laugh.

"You two? Really?" He questions in disbelief.

The silence between us answers his question.

"Who knew, my dear cousin, Archer, and Chloe would end up together." He shakes his head, still amused at that fact.

"Cousin?" I blurt out.

Tyson nods his head, "Blood and all."

"How do you two know each other?" Archer asks.

"You don't know? She was my girl-"

"It doesn't matter. I don't know anyone like him." I interrupt Tyson before he could finish what he was going to say.

Archer looks at us, suspiciously but doesn't say anything else. He knows not to push me further.

"I'll take you home," Archer tells me. He grabs my hand and drag me with him to his car. I didn't want to go with him but I have no other choice. If I stay, Tyson would never leave me alone so I decided to follow him without making a fuss.

I get in the passenger seat while Archer gets into the driver's seat. He drives off, leaving Tyson behind.

The whole ride was silent and only made me overthink.

Archer parks his car in the driveway. I was about to open the door and leave but he stopped me.

"I'm sorry. I know it doesn't mean anything after what I've done but I'm sorry." After he's done apologizing, I open the door and leave without a word or a glance back. I just want to forget tonight and go to sleep.

~

a/n

Thank you so so much for reading. Hope you guys like this chapter. What do you think of Tyson? Good guy or bad guy? 🤔

If you're creative and know how to make a banner, cover, graphic design, then feel free to make me one and I'll be sure to give you credit and post it on the next chapter. :)