18. the bad boy is sorry

a/n
I'm so sorry for not updating in forever. But the next chapter is finally here! I hope you guys like this chapter. Don't forget to vote and comment. It would mean a lot. Thank you all for your patience.

Also, there's a part in this chapter that is italicize. It means it's a flashback.

Thank you for reading! ;)

-

Monday.

Archer and I haven't talked since that night. I don't even know what to say to him when I see him again. That's why I'm planning to avoid him at all cost today.... and maybe for the rest of the school year.

He said that he was going to try to be good for me but he haven't done anything. I'm glad too because I would still reject him.

"Oh my god!" Heidi runs up to me in the hallway, breathless. I look at her with wide eyes in confusion. "Chloe, you have got to see this." Heidi grab my hand and drag me to where she just came from.

I run behind Heidi through the hallway and out the door to the back of the school. I don't know what all the fuss is about but it better be good.

Heidi continued to drag me as we run out to the fields of the school. A huge crowd fills up a spot on the field and it got my curiosity level way up.

Once we reached the crowd, Heidi started pushing people out of her way, still dragging me behind her. "Move people! She is here! Get out of my way! I repeat she is here!" Heidi finally pushed her way to the middle of the crowd. She drags me to the front.

Once I saw who was in front of me, I froze and stood there in surprise. I was speechless. This was cheesy and straight out of a movie, but then again, I wasn't expecting this.

In front of me was a grinning Archer holding up a giant poster that reads 'I'm sorry' across from it. He drops the poster and it appears another poster that says 'look up'. My eyebrows furrow in confusion. I looked up and a plane had just finished writing out 'I'm sorry, Chloe' in the blue sky. Everyone gasp and aw but I just stood there, speechless.

I look back at Archer to see him smiling from ear to ear, thinking that he's got me. I scoff at him in disbelief and shake my head. His smile turned into confusion as I turn around and squeeze my way out through the crowd.

He really think that he's just going to say 'I'm sorry' and I'm, what, supposed to just crawl back to him? I don't think so.

-

Tuesday.

"Look. I don't know what he did to you, but you're seriously not going to forgive him?" Heidi ask while continuously staring at Archer from across the hall.

"Nope," I popped the 'p' and glance at Archer.

He's being so stupid. If I didn't forgive him yesterday, what makes him think I'm going to forgive him today?

I'm not going to let myself get hurt again. Not after what I went through. Even now, I'm still trying to recover from it.

I watch Archer from across the hall as he leans on his locker and chat with his buddies, smiling to myself at his stupid shirt.

It was a black shirt that says 'I'm sorry, Chloe...' in the front.

Archer turns around and walk the other way with his friends. I continue to watch his retreating back and shake my head at what it says on the back of his shirt: '...for being a d-bag.'