Chapter 26

**** The day promised to be perfect. The sun rose over Wolf Mountain, right between the two peaks of the rock ears and held a moment. Bear stood with his grandmother and sister Koni on his back deck as they watched the day begin. None of them had ever seen the sun rise just this way before. His grandmother thought it to be a good omen for Bear and his new life with Gwyn.

She had spent a great deal of time with the couple and Zinnie as well, in the last several weeks. She had come to love and admire the choice of her grandson's heart. The tribal elder was content with Bear's choice and felt Gwyn would take good care of his heart, respect his beliefs and heritage. She knew the small woman loved her Bear, as her eyes lit with an inner fire when they were close.

She was glad that Gwyn had encouraged Bear to wear his ceremonial clothing for their wedding as befitting his place in the tribe

She was glad that Gwyn had encouraged Bear to wear his ceremonial clothing for their wedding as befitting his place in the tribe. He would later change into a custom made western style suit that he looked so very handsome in it. She knew that those who had gone before were looking down on him with pride.

Genny and Aunt Zinnie assisted Gwyn to dress in the main house as had become the tradition for 3B weddings. They would pledge their vows to each other in the white gazebo behind the house and the following reception would take place in a huge white tent at the base of Apple Blossem hill.

"Hello de house!" Nico called when he came in to walk his sister down the walkway to Bear. He knocked and walked into the room which had long ago been designated for 3B brides on the morning of their weddings. He stopped dead in his tracks, unable to take his gaze away from his younger sister.

He had to clear his throat twice before he could speak and even then, had to look away and take a deep fortifying breath.

"I have neva been more proud or amazed at my baby sista than at dis vera moment. You....are....a....vision cher. Dat man is gonna lose his mind when he sees ya walkin' taword him." He slowly circled her, taking in the ivory gown and feathered veil, honoring Bear's Native American heritage. Ending before her, he gently took her smaller hands in his and raised them to his lips for a kiss.

"T'ank you, Nico; fo' dat an' fo alwuys bein' der fo' me."

"Believe me, bébé. It has been ma honor and pleasure. You 'bout ready ta take dis magical walk toward de rest o' yer life, Cher?"

She drew a deep breath and nodded as he lowered the veil. Gwyn glowed in an ivory colored, old fashioned, fitted gown. The crystal beads sparkled and glistened on sheer material covering the sweetheart neckline and standup collar. The long, sheer sleeves ended in a point at her wrists.

Aunt Zinnie had added Rosemary and Lavendar to the Rose and Carnation bouquet as well as several clips to her hair. The resulting fragrance wafted around the bride as she floated through the house and down the walkway.

Bear was resplendent in the ivory colored ceremonial clothing. A handbeaded image of the mystical white wolf adorned his broad back. Colored beads adorned the sleeves, cuffs and front as well as the pant legs of his impressive, handmade attire. The groom's every movement was enhanced by the soft suade fringe as it swung in the beeeze.

Bear was spellbound as he watched Nico escort his bride through and from the house. His heart swelled with happiness and pride as Nico placed Gwyn's small hand in his. They pledged their vows to each other with love and respect. Gwyn's breath caught when Bear placed the wedding band on her finger. The stones were from Wolf Mountain. The band she placed his finger was less ornamental  but also shone with three stones from the mountain as well. His grandmother had taken Gwyn to the mountain to a secret cave where ceremonies had been held in years gone by.

The scent of apple blossems floated around the couple as they were joined as husband and wife and shared the first kiss of their new life together.

Hope and Spirit caught movement from and looked toward Apple Blossem Ridge together and watched the protective spirits look down upon the couple and congregation with contentment.

Not the end

Not the end....but only the beginning for Bear and Gwyn.