Chapter 26

**** The 3B Bull Riding Champ and his house guests were making their way out of the truck when Brick froze, only his eyes moved. Kyle noted that the scar had turned white.

"Brick, you ok man?" He spoke softly back to him, also looking around.

"I'll talk to him." Charity said. "Tany, head inside with Kyle."

Brittany stood in place for a long second watching Brick with worry in her eyes, but finally turned to follow her brother.

Charity placed her hand on the large man's arm as he bent down to retrieve a playing card from the ground.

"Brick?"

His violet eye narrowed as he studied the Ace of Spades with a single bullet hole in the very center of the card. She watched as he flipped the card over, eye going wide.

His head fell back, eyes closed and he breathed two words in heavily accented Russian, "Moy Bog!"
(My God)

To her surprise and dismay he took off for the house. "KB, Brittany! Get out of there!"

Kyle also sensing that something wasn't right called out, "Pan! Return!" And began to push his sister away from the porch.

"Get back! Get away from the house, NOW!"

When Brick reached them, he took Brittany by the hand and pulled, "Come on!" Together the three of them made a dash away from the house and for the old dodge.

Pan came bolting out the front door having cut her house sweep short. 'Bad smell! Not good!'

Kyle caught the warning only seconds before the cabin exploded, a large ball of fire shot into the air.

Wood, siding, glass, dirt and dust blew everywhere

Wood, siding, glass, dirt and dust blew everywhere. Smoke and heat filled the air.

* * *

Charity coughed and screamed, covering her head as debris fell over them. She couldn't seem to comprehend what had just happened, she was confused. She had been thrown into the truck. Her head and shoulders had dented the door. Her head hurt so bad, her ears were ringing and she couldn't see....where are the others?

She sat against the truck, glad to have the solid frame to lean on as she gathered her senses. Once she could see, she began crawling, looking for the others. She made her way over to Brittany who lay still, in the frost covered grass. It was the middle of fall at night, in Montana. The temperature was dropping by the moment but the heat from the burning house was much more prevalent.