TWO.3| "That's a secret,"

Jaya

I've never been more scared in my life, not even when I fell down the tree and almost lost my leg, I still have a massive scar on the back of my thigh to remind me of how stupid I was.

And I wonder why my brothers are so protective sometimes...

"Well, explain," we were both sat in the two ends of the couch, making sure to keep a distance, we kept our knees joined together, sitting up straight. Exactly how you look when you get in trouble in school and sat in the principals office.

"I, Jaya Adams, sincerely apologise," I say, trying not to laugh, I never take these seriously, I wonder how they manage to though.

"Cut the crap Jaya and tell why you were out so late?!" dad scolds, raise his voice a little.

Shit his scary

"No seriously I'm sorry, Millie called me drunk and told me about how a guy was harassing her so I had to go to her rescue, both Millie and Dallas were drunk so this gentleman here helped me drop them off home. If you don't believe, I mean look at me do I look like I'm dressed for a party, I'm wearing my pyjama top under my hoodie, I think I'm wearing 2 different socks," I explained, proud of my lie.

"Firstly, knowing you, you'd probably wear that to a party and Gentlemen! You got in a car with a random man!" Josh snaps, glaring at me.

Okay, that part was stupid, I was hoping they didn't catch on.

"No no! He's-he's a friend!" I blurt out, shaking my head, then nodding towards Dylan.

"Firstly, you hesitated," Dad points out

"Second, I can see you trying not to play with your nails," Jayden says,

"And you answered really quick," Josh finished their little band or whatever it is they do, pointing out, knowing my habits and weakness.

Jayden looks over at Dylan, fully analysing him, "Is he mute or is he going to speak?"

"How do you know Jaya?" Jayden asks, stepping in front of the Greek god.

"I met her at the mall," he simply answers, causing me to snap my head towards his direction.

Dude...

"And?" Josh seems interested and moves to stand in front of him.

I try and defend the poor guy, "Guys you're be-mm" Jayden shuts me up, placing his hand over my mouth, ew

I smack his hand away, "Ew ew ew, your hand smells like cheese," I rub my mouth trying to wipe his germs off.

Instead of answering he just glares at me and turns his attention back to Dylan, "Well?"

Dad comes forward, pushes the boys to the side, "Look why don't you just tell us about yourself,"

This isn't right...

Both of them give my dad a weird look, Jayden speaks up, "Dad, we don't usually get to that stage,"

"You guys can't keep her locked up forever and we promised at 18 she could," he answers, nudging them to all take a seat, which after some huffing and puffing they do.

Something isn't right...

"This is your chance," Dad takes a seat,

Dylan glances at me, furrowing his brows then speaking up, "well, my name is Dylan, I'm 21-

Josh stood up, "21! His probably not serious, I swear if he thinks-"

"Josh, calm down let him finish," Dad places a hand on Josh's chest, pushing him back down.