ELEVEN.3| "She's history,"

Jaya

The whole moment got so intense, that I decided I no longer wanted to be apart of whatever was going on, so I awkwardly excused myself, leaving behind a very confused and angry Dylan. Not dealing with this.

Luckily I wasn't the only one because I hear Adam follow after me, "hey wait up!" he calls, causing me to pause once we round the corner completely out of view of the two we left behind.

"Sorry about that, she's a little weird when it comes to him," he awkwardly tells me, scratching the back of his neck. I nod in response, not really sure what to say. It's none of business really.

Before Adam could continue I notice Dylan walk towards us, he stares intently at the back of Adams head, "Adam?" He calls.

Adam turns around, smiling at Dylan who sadly did not return it, "what are you doing?" Dylan asks, standing besides me, staring between Adam and I.

"Nothing, I just found a familiar face," I answer, pointing to Adam, Dylan narrows his eyes at me before grab my wrist and pulling me away, "he-hey wait! Let me-" sighing I give up, turning back slightly, "bye Adam!" This only seems to cause Dylan to pull me towards him, walking faster. Where is he going?!

"Where are we going?" I ask, noticing we're walking right past the wedding room.

Dylan doesn't respond and keeps dragging me along, until I recognise the car park, we stop besides his car, Dylan taking out his car keys and that's when I notice the bunny key ring. Awh...He actually kept it.

Dylan seems to notice me staring, he quickly holds the key ring in his fist, hiding it from my sight. Clearing his throat, he holds the door open for me.

Deciding not to comment and make the situation even more awkward, I get in the car. The day just keeps getting weird.

"How do you know Adam?" Dylan asks, once he gets into the car, rolling down the windows a little.

"Met at the party we took us to, seemed like a great guy," I reply, nodding, avoiding Dylan's intense stare. What if he thinks I was flirting with his cousin...?

I once again decide to escape the situation, turning the question on Dylan "Anyways! That girl, is she the one you were telling me about?" This time turning to Dylan, after a pause he nods.

He stares at me again with a look I was having a hard time recognising, but it was definitely intense, "Let's just say she's history,"

I stare gape at him, my brows shooting up, 'let me know once it's history'

DAMNIT!!! WHY DID I SAY THAT?! STUPID STUPID JAYA!!!!

Trying my best to seem unaffected, I nod, "that- that's great, I mean I'm sorry? Or should I congratulate you...?"

This finally breaks the intense moment as Dylan chuckles, "don't worry, it's a relief. I guess this means I can finally make my moves on a certain someone,"

Completing catching me of guard, I cough, chocking on my own spit, mother of cheesecakes! Pretending I have no idea who he's on about, I play along, "nice... Good luck with that,"

"Why are we in the car anyways, where we going?" I quickly change the topic again, things keep going into dangerous territories.

"Back to the house, everyone's gonna be there for the after party," Dylan says, starting the car but before he could drive of some guy, who I remember as Dylan's younger brother runs in front of the car, tapping the front before running around to the back.

"Can I join you guys? Cool, thanks!" He gets into the back, siting in the middle, "I'm Rhys, you're Jaya right? Didn't get to talk to you much, did I mention you're really pretty," he continues, not really giving us a chance to answer, but he completely takes me by surprise by that comment, I awkwardly thank him.

"Rhys, sit back," Dylan warns, starting the car not before looking up at the rear mirror to glare at the boy in the back.

Rhys holds his hands up and sits back, "okay dad. So Jaya, how'd you bump into this loser?"

I shrug, "not sure, I was doing community service when I came across a rare trash," I hear Dylan gasp and Rhys laughing in the back, but my eyes were glued in on the road.

"I like you," Rhys says between his laugh, "everyone needs to be humbled, even a-" the next word is unclear and cut of by him clearing his throat, I decide not comment on it.

Dylan decides to join the conversation, adding unnecessary things, "That's such a mean thing to say, girlfriend," this time it's my turn to clear my throat loudly, trying to cover the last word.

Rhys jumps forward, staring between the two of us, "girlfriend?! When did this happen? I thought you just-"

I quickly shake my head at him, trying to clear the misunderstanding, "no, no! He means girl space friend," this day really just keeps more and more complicated.

Dylan turns to me briefly to pout, "I'm hurt, girl no space friend," this jerk!  I slump against the seat, sighing loudly.

"This is clearly a conversation that needs to be had," Rhys slowly comments, sitting back down.

This time it's my turn to jump up, turning in my seat to face Rhys, "there is no conversation! You know what conversation needs to be had? What does your brother have against chocolate digestives?"

Rhys gasps and nods, "I know right?! I just don't understand, I'm telling you he's an alien, like who doesn't like chocolate digestives?" He's clearly an impostor.

Dylan sighs, "I regret, introducing you to each other," I guess he wasn't wrong when he said his brother and I are similar.

- Authors Note -

Sup!

Thanks for reading, commenting or voting.

Love you guys! ❤️

(Sorry but I just see snacks

(Sorry but I just see snacks....🙂)