Count Me In - Edited

2 years later

All of us were fighting. For probably the eighth time today. I was stressed out today and Dick and Tim were not helping it. I couldn't take it anymore. The stress was way too much. It seemed like it all was happening at once. Killer Croc was on the loose, Joker was gassing people with "Laughing Gas" and we still had these family problems.

Yep. Even two years later, we were still going downhill from his death. It's not that we talk about it anymore, it's just that someone is always bringing him up. I don't know how he gets into the conversation, but he does. There's nothing I can do, because usually all the fighting stressed me out.

But that's all we really do anymore. Fights. Lots and lots of stress and fighting. I'm sitting down right now groaning at my pounding headache. "See? Now even (y/n) is stressed out thanks to you!" Tim yelled at Bruce and Dick.

"And you yelling is helping?" Dick responded, clearly annoyed.

3 years after

Reliving that memory always horrifies me. That was the day we all had enough. I had moved out. And so, had Dick. Now I live with Barbara and her dad since they both let me in. Jim was practically my father while Barbara was a sister.

Jim was kind enough to let me in after a horrible fight two years ago. He was welcoming, and Barbara was excited to have me move in with her. Over the months, he seemed to start caring for me as he did for Barbara. It felt good to have a family again. It's been a while since that had happened.

We were getting ready for Halloween when I received a call from Dick. Even after 3 years I was keeping in touch with everyone, to make sure they were alright, and nobody had died.

I was hanging up orange Halloween lights with Barbara when Bruce called me. "What's up Bruce?" I ask.

"(Y/n), I need you to be on watch for the next week. You know how they escape around Halloween. And I have a feeling that this will be worse than usual." He tells me. Even though I separated from them, I still went by "Night". It was short and simple.

"Bruce, why do you think this may be any different from usual?"

"I'm not sure. I want to make sure Gotham stays safe and protected tonight and the following week."

"Alright. I'll keep an eye out for any suspicious activity."

"Thanks."

"Yep. Bye." I say and hang up. This may be a long Halloween. Because if Bruce is right, bad things can happen.

It's Halloween night. Barbara and I are at a Halloween party that my friend (f/n) was holding. She wanted to throw something special for all Hallow's Eve and decided on the party. Barbara had put on a Catwoman costume, and designed her wheelchair with all sorts of cat stickers.

I was dressed up as (Insert your Halloween costume). I had the entire costume put together, complete with accessories. If you're going to dress up, you may as well do it right.

But that was short lived because right as (f/n) and I were going to the dance floor, an emergency broadcast popped up onto the tv screen. It showed Scarecrow sitting in a dark room all alone. Although I couldn't hear what he said because Bruce called me. I answered almost immediately.

"What's going on, Bruce?" I ask.

"Scarecrow is loose. He's trying to take over Gotham using his fear toxin."

"Sounds dangerous. Count me in. What should I do?"

"Get to Barbara. Both of you go to the clock tower and run any research you can of Scarecrow's fear toxin and let me know if you can find any further information on anything important going around."

"Alright. We'll be there in ten minutes. But be safe Bruce."

"I will."

Ughhh this brought nostalgia.  I remember writing this chapter.  This was fun to write.  Although editing it now annoyed the crap out of me.  I didn't realize how many grammatical errors I had. They're fixed now.  Anyway, I apologize for this being so late.  I meant for it to come out weeks ago.  This is why I should never try to keep a schedule.  I never follow it.