GCPD - Edited

They say your life flashes before your eyes when you die.  I'm here in the last five seconds of it to say that that is a lie.  All I'm seeing is bits and pieces of the sky and the ground as I'm falling.  I'm thinking about how this surprisingly seems longer than it is.  You think that it'd be a quick way to die, but it really isn't.  It's kind of like time slows, or you're in the Matrix.  

There are a few things that come into mind besides that it seems to be taking forever.  I got to see Jason one more time before I was dead.  The problem was that I never really got to talk to him.  It wasn't for long, and all I found out was that he was the one who wanted Bruce dead.  I never got to find out how he survived, or what he has been doing for all these years.  

I didn't want to die yet though.  I was only (insert reasonable age, like 1,000 or something).  I was planning on dying when I was old and wrinkly.  But, what did I expect when I get into a life like this?  

Instead of feeling cement, I felt arms.  Not what I expected but I don't mind it a single bit.  Once I calmed down a little from what happened, I looked up and saw the familiar face who had a 'J' on his cheek.

"Looks like my luck is still there."  I grinned.  He chuckled. 

"I'm glad I caught you."  And as soon as he said that I felt his lips on mine.  It was strange, and for a second I wasn't sure how to react, but I kissed back. 

It didn't last long because we heard the Batmobile's missles from only a couple blocks away.  "You haven't changed a single bit, have you?"  He asked. 

"Not at all." I laughed.  "Jason?"

"Yeah?"

"Where were you all these years?"

"Do you mean after the video?"

"Yeah..."

"Pretty much everywhere that wasn't here.  I was making deals with people from around the world while I was building up an army.  An army that would take down anyone, and yet Batman has somehow taken the entire damn army in one night."

"Language!" I scolded him.

"You're one to talk."  He chuckled. "I heard what you said to Scarecrow."

"He deserved it."

"Just because you think he deserves it means you can cuss?"

"Yep."

We laughed a little before there was a sudden silence.  I wasn't sure what to say still, it was all kind of strange.  We both saw the Batmobile suddenly drive to GCPD.  "If I got you over there, would you be able to get in?"

"Probably, they would be able to see it's me through the cameras outside.  I think I'd be able to sneak in."

"Good, hold on tight." He grappled across the rooftops until we reached GCPD.  We were nearby, only a block away.  It was just walking distance so I could get to it easily.  

"Jason, why won't you come back to us?"  I asked.

He scoffed and said, "Because I hate Bruce.  He let Joker run wild for years after he tortured me.  He didn't even kill the bastard, and I bet he didn't want him to die either."  

"Jay, you know what he thinks about murder, there is no way he could've done that."  

"I'm not talking about killing Scarecrow or Dent, I'm talking about him.  Just him.  That's all I wanted."

"You've heard the same story Bruce told me once!  If he kills then there's an abyss that he won't be able to escape from.  He won't commit any act of murder, even if it was Joker."  

"Unbelievable.  You're as gullible as everyone else."  And then he took off.  

A/N: Ayyy yo' girl is back with a new edited chapter.  I cringed reading the original, and I'll be removing those chapters soon so woooo.  Anyway, I saw Batman: Under the Red Hood for the first time today!  I loved it!  I do prefer Troy Baker over Jensen Ackles (Sorry Dean) but he still did a great job.