Epilogue + Final Note

Here if you haven't seen this amazing song yet! ^^

Gotham City returned to what is considered normal for it.  Scarecrow, Penguin, the Riddler, you name them, all escaped Arkham constantly.  Most times Nightwing, Batgirl, or the new vigilante in town, Red Hood, caught them and took them back to GCPD quickly.   Bruce Wayne and Y/N L/N died three months ago.  

Wayne Manor was turned into a museum to honor the Wayne family and the legend of the Batman.  The funeral was private and had a closed casket.  No one knows what happened during the funeral except for the few who were invited.  Lucius still worked at Wayne Enterprises, knowing full well what truly happened to Wayne and Y/N.  

Both Tim and Dick were heirs to the Wayne fortune as his adopted children, and decided what to do with the rest of his estates and wealth.  Jason was welcomed back into the family, however it wasn't known that he was alive again, so they had to be careful about reporters.  

Bruce had moved to Italy, where he changed his name and made a new life.  On occasion he would receive post cards from a Miss Selina Kyle as she made her way through the world, robbing all sorts of different jewelry stores and museums that had something she liked.  Once every blue moon she'd be in Italy and the two would meet and have dinner.  Sometimes it turned into a longer night than the two expected, other times she had to take off quickly.  Nothing ever really changed for them. 

Y/N L/N on the other hand, changed her name and dyed (and cut) her hair.  She changed the style of clothes she wore, and  she was almost unrecognizable.  She moved only a couple hours outside of the city so she could keep up with what was going on.  She was only an hour away from Blüdhaven, so she would have lunch with Dick whenever he could get out of the public eye. Tim would come every now and then and they would play video games like old times.  

Y/N never saw Jason come over, and she understood why.  She'd watch the news and hear about the Red Hood, the merciless vigilante that stopped drug dealers.  Just recently he stopped Black Mask from delivering hundreds of pounds of drugs to many dealers in Gotham.  He was too busy to really make time, and a part of her knew that they would need more than a few hours to really talk.  

It wasn't until half a year after the Halloween event did the news talk about the new Batman.  Criminals talked about a man who looked like the Bat, but who was far scarier than he ever was.  Really, Y/N knew that it wasn't Bruce, and it wasn't some new guy.  It was just Damian Wayne who made his way back to Gotham city.  He was 16 now, grown, and ready to take on the cowl.  No one was even aware that he was the blood son of Bruce because they kept all of it a secret.  

During this time, Y/N knew it'd be time to get back to Gotham city.  The news died off quickly about Bruce Wayne's death, and even quicker for hers.  No one would even know her name by now.  Damian had just asked Dick to send a message to her, asking if she'd be able to come back to Gotham to help Barbara with a new case.  Apparently Killer Croc was out of his cage and planning something. 

Y/N made her way to Barbara's apartment, where she saw Jim leaving the room.  The two of them said hello to each other before carrying on.  She walked into the room and that entire day they took the time just catching up. 

Damian had to tell the two to get to work.  They did work on the case for a long time, but it took much less time now that she was back in town.  It didn't take long for word to spread among the batfamily about Y/N's return.  Jason was the last to hear of it.

Y/N planned on visiting him once she got the chance to settle down.  The problem is, she had no idea where he was.  So, she had to create a plan.  Barbara helped her because she knew where Jason hid around the city.  For her, it was much easier to spot him. 

When Y/N made her way to one of the alleyways in Gotham, she saw the Red Hood standing by one of the doors.  She hid herself as she watched him slip into the night, climbing up the rooftops and jumping across.  Y/N tried her best to catch up, but it was futile.  She'd have to keep following until he finally stopped somewhere.

She hid behind buildings while following him.  He stopped right by the sea, and sat down on one of the rocks.  It was pretty far away from the nearest skyscraper, so he had no problem with the thugs or crazy people there.  It was his one place where he could just think.

Y/N made her way to him, quietly sneaking up behind him.  She grabbed his arms and locked them behind him as she pinned him to the rock swiftly.  He was shocked and was trying to fight back until he realized who was in front of him.  "Now what would Bruce say if he saw how easily I just pinned you to this rock?  You're off your game, Jay-bird."  You grinned. 

His eyes lit up when he realized that you were there, but he wasn't going down without a fight.  He quickly freed his arms and switched their places.  "It seems like you're a bit rusty, yourself, Batgirl."  

"Well, sorry about that.  I've been gone for a while and I haven't worked on it.  That's why I wasn't able to kidnap you as a way to say, hello I have returned."  She laughed.  He chuckled along with her before letting her go.  

"So, you back for good?"

"Yeah, Damian needs some help with a case."  

"Told that demon spawn he couldn't be Batman yet." 

"Yes, he can.  He just needs some help getting started."  She smiled.  "Now how about we finally catch up?" After the several years of Jason being gone, him returning as the Arkham Knight, capturing Y/N, Y/N having to fake her death, and finally return six months later, it was time to talk. 

It was about time.  

The end.  Wow, I can't believe I'm finally clicking the complete button for this story.  It has taken 2 1/2 years to finish.  Writing, editing, and I can't believe it.  I never expected it to get more than 100 reads honestly.  Seeing 77,000 reads amazes me.  This story is not that good, why are you here?!  Anyway, it all started 9 years ago when my mom bought Arkham Asylum on Xbox 360.  I didn't even know what Batman was at the time!  I just watched Teen Titans back then, but after watching her play Arkham Asylum, I found a love for the dark knight.  As the games came out, we got them.  I always played the Arkham games up to a point, I never completed them.  I have completed Asylum now, I'm nearly done City, I finished Arkham Knight first, and I got Origins a couple months ago.  When the trailers for Arkham Knight came out, I freaked out honestly.  The week before it came out, I'd constantly search for news and videos.  Apparently I loved the game before I even played it!  We got it the day it came out since Gamestop was doing a sale where you buy the Xbox One and get one free game up to 60 bucks, so we got Arkham Knight, and it came with the Harley Quinn story pack.  I have probably spent a good 40 hours of my life on that game alone, not counting the other games.  I just bought the DLC for it a few days ago for 20 bucks, and I'm still playing it 3 years later.  Wow.  Anyway, this game was how I discovered who Jason Todd was.  Once I knew about him, I kinda felt bad for him (even though when I play the game now I call him a salty potato chip because his whining about how he wants Bruce dead gets on my nerves for the first half of the game) and I wondered if there'd be a way to change that.  So, I wrote a fanfic.  And I posted it, even though I was not allowed wattpad at the time, or quotev.  I took the risk of being caught and murdered by my parents by posting this, and I'd say it's worth every second.  It was so hard trying to hide this from them, but hey, it's worth it knowing so many of you liked this.  Finishing this kind of makes me want to cry because I was 12 when I started writing this, and I posted it a few months later.  I'm 15 now.  It's like I wasted a huge chunk of my life on this fanfic.  I'm not sure why either.  But it doesn't matter, because I've met so many amazing people through it.  I love you guys so much, and hey, if you want to still talk, hit me up.  If you want more stories like this, I'm writing another Jason Todd book right now, and I have my Batman one shots that I write.  If you have requests please tell me them because I have nothing at the moment.  Anyway, again, I love you all and this is D.J signing off for one final time.  <3