Entire Original Story in One Part!

To cut down on parts, I'm placing the entire original story here.  Plus it's annoying me how I am constantly moving chapters around.  This is it until the next chapter which I really should finish before tomorrow because tomorrow I get the Avengers: Infinity War Steelbook and I'm hyped up for that and I won't want to do anything but watch that movie all day.  So, enjoy for whoever wants to see this story!  Plus, it gives me an estimate on the word count and I was curious!

     I walk down one of Gotham's many alleys as I shiver from the cold. It started snowing shortly before I left the bank. The cold was biting at my fingertips so I put them in my (f/c) coat pockets. While they were cold as well, it was still a little coverage. But the cold wasn't bothering me that much as I was worried for my best friend, Jason.

Jason went missing almost a year ago now. For all we know he left us. I still had that sliver of hope though that he would come back. He would open the door to the manor and he'd hug us all saying he was fine, and that something happened and he had to stay under cover.

Seems like a far reach, huh? I mean after a month Batman was still looking for him. Dick had given up. He had stated that Jason must be gone by now. Or something I was hoping to not hear. Dead.

When I reach the mansion again, I hear fighting. Not surprising. Bruce had gotten Tim as the new Robin. After three months, Bruce had lost hope in finding Jason. Just about everyone had. I was still looking anyhow. He was my best friend. I wouldn't let him get away from me after eight years of being friends.

When I walk through the dark oak doors leading to the Sitting Room in the Mansion, I see no one sitting. Instead, the Dark Knight is throwing batarangs at Robin. Robin is doing backflips and grabbing a few of the batarangs when possible. "Keep your position neat and straight, Robin!" Batman yells at him.

Robin stays silent as he straightens up and uses a grapple to bring down Batman. Bruce quickly jumps out of the strong rope and punches Robin in the jaw. Tim quickly recovers and swiftly round house kicks Batman. Alfred then walks into the room and calls off the fight.

"Master Wayne, a recording has been sent to us through an anonymous server. They say it's extremely important that you see it as soon as possible." Alfred states.

"Are you able to track down the ip address?" Bruce says removing his cowl.

"I'm afraid not sir. But the recording is sent to the batcomputer in the cave." Alfred responds.

"Alright. (Y/n) I need you after we see this recording. Come down with me so we can both watch the video." Bruce tells me.

"Got it sir." While I'm close with him, since he has basically adopted me, I treat him with respect because he can be a scary man when he wants to be.

When we get down to the cave, the batcomputer has loaded the recording up, ready to be watched. Bruce glances at Tim, Dick, and I with caution and starts the recording. The first thing we see is Jason tied up to a chair, bloodied up with a 'J' burnt into his skin on his left cheek. "Have you got something to tell the nice man, Jason?" I identify the voice as Joker immediately.

"My name is Jason Todd." He says slowly, his voice laced with exhaustion and pain.

"Who do you hate my boy?" Joker asks with a hint of laughter.

"Batman."

"Excellent. Of course you do."

After some silence Joker comes into view and states, "Did you hear that, Bats? Kid's not yours anymore. He's mine. Mine, mine, mine. To do with as I wish. Hey I never asked. What's the big secret? Who is the big, bad bat?" He says and moves closer to Jason.