"Welcome to Gotham..."

The first few minutes I sat in the room once I was put back in it were silent.  I don't think I could've said anything even if I wanted to, and it seemed like Barb was the same way.  I was still trying to wrap my brain around it all and it looked like Barbara found about Jason as well since she was quiet.  

"Did you find out who the Arkham Knight was?"  She asked when she finally broke the silence in the dark room. 

"Yeah, I'm guessing you did too, huh?"  I replied.  She nodded curtly.  

The room was silent again while we heard explosions outside.  There was a small window with metal bars that showed the city.  Since I wasn't tied up I walked over to it.  There, I could see a battle going on.  It looked like it was the Batmobile against many different tanks, and even a few helicopters.  Once Bruce destroyed them, he connected the car to something, I couldn't tell what, and that thing exploded.  

He quickly drove off before I could try to show Barbara, despite the window being too high for her to see at a comfortable angle.  It was still raining, and everything was lit up, but the entire city looked destroyed and eerie.  If I looked through some of the buildings,  I could see huge plants that were higher than a few of the buildings.  It looks like Ivy made her way through things. 

"How is he alive?"  Barbara asked, breaking my train of thought.  

"I don't know..."  I trailed off.  

"We saw him get shot, we saw him collapse, there was no way he survived that-"

"Barbara please, just stop!" 

"Right, sorry (Y/N)...  I know you cared for him a lot more than we did."  She said, fidgeting with her fingers.  

"It's okay, but just give me some time.  I still haven't processed this."  I continued watching the sky.  Out of the corner of my eye I saw her nod her head.  I didn't mean to sound mean to her but I was just trying to realize what was going on.  So much has happened in a single night and I've barely had a chance to breathe since we were kidnapped.  

Then suddenly a huge tank started crossing one of the bridges.  It looked larger than all the others, and that's what made it worrisome.  Barbara wheeled her way over and tried to look up as best as she could.  The tank then deployed something.  It was spreading across the city like wildfire.  This must be the Cloudburst.  

"Did... Did Scarecrow win?"  Barbara muttered, the gas covered the city, leaving only the tall buildings in sight.  It almost looked like lava from up above, and it clearly was not going away anytime soon.

"No... He couldn't have."  

On one of the large screens in the city Scarecrow appeared.  He was in a dark room, sitting.  His eyes pierced into the camera, and it looked like he was staring at us.  

"Welcome to Gotham... the city of fear." 

A/N: Oof, lots of chapters this weekend.  I hope to be making more soon!  I want to start pacing myself, and doing shorter chapters since I can do them faster than the longer ones.  Longer chapters = longer wait, while shorter chapters = shorter wait.  Figured you guys would want that.  It's still the same content, don't worry!  Anyway, let me know what you think, love you guys! <3