Chapter II: Another Day

You stared at the mess of warm hues, of course to others it might seem nice. But you weren't satisfied, your paintbrush flew across the canvas, trailing colours and blending.

You had stuck to using cold hues for a while, as the theme had stuck to you for a while. Now though you wanted to try something refreshing for a change.

A sunrise,  something you had loved to watch when you got up on days you could. When you ran outside in the waking sun.

You let out a huff, something was missing, but you couldn't place it.

With a reluctant sigh, you placed down the paintbrush. You need a break, maybe a snack too.

Standing to your feet you walked out of your solitary art room. It was a private room only you held the key to. Walls were plain white that held splatters of different colours from the shades and tints you mixed. There were a long shelf and cabinet that held your tools and blank canvases.

It was your safe haven.

Stepping out of the room you made your way downstairs. Glancing over to the living room as you passed; Jess was watching the t.v with a bowl in her lap.

You let her be, turning to the kitchen and began to search the pantry for food.

You grabbed a box of cake from the fridge and a small plate. The cake had been leftovers from a party Keith went to, he brought some back for you. Seeing as you weren't the partying type.

Cherry cheesecake, you haven't had a slice yet. Suppose it's now or never.

You grabbed a knife from the drawer and cut yourself a slice of the cheesecake. A small smile on your lips as you put the rest away and grabbed a fork.

You took a bite, whistling, pleased with the taste. Good, you thought and started to walk back upstairs.

Jess was too immersed in her show to notice you, that and the fact your movements were quiet.

You walked up the stairs, taking another bite as you reached the top and went to your art room.

Maybe I should watch something... for inspiration. You looked around, placing your plate next to your phone on the small table in the corner. Glancing out the window to the sky.

With a sigh, you picked up your phone and put on your playlist of songs.

•▪°○°▪•

"You okay, (Y/n)?" Keith glanced up at you from his meal, you blinked. Nodding, you sent him a smile to confirm you were all right.

"Are you sure? You had been daydreamin' a lot more lately. Sometimes it's hard to snap you out." He said with a small chuckle.

You shrugged, the table was silent, Jess had to go back to her house. So it was just you and your younger brother.

"I might take a break." You signed, then took a drink from your glass of juice.

"A break? For?" You made a gesture to paint, and he let out a hum. "I see... well, maybe watch something or read something new? I've never dealt with an art block before, though it must be frustrating."

"You are not wrong."

He sent you a sympathetic smile, "got anything on your mind."

Him, you wanted to say, but you couldn't. You let out a sigh and shook your head, past memories plagued your mind for quite some time now.