Chapter XVII: A New Light Found

《A/n: Welcome to the chapter where everything escalates. (Also plopydoodle, I told you >;3 ) also for Friday the thirteenth, I made the art above, inspired by the fanfic I'm currently writing under "Books and Pages" which I suggest checking out the first two published chapters (I have written a Michael x Reader one-shot on there)

It was indeed difficult for even seven of the ten days, you did your best knowing eventually you'd see him again.

It wasn't as though it were forever.

The seventh night something changed.

While in the middle of a match, while being trying to escape the Cannibal mid-chase; you had woken up.

You sat up, breathing through your nose while your hand flew up to your mouth. A wave of nausea washed over you and you had flung yourself out of bed and rushed to the bathroom.

Last nights dinner went up and out of your system, cringing at the bitter aftertaste. You flushed the toilet, breathing in and out to calm your nerves.

A quick rinse of your mouth with water and mouthwash, you looked around you, you were indeed back in your home. Not in the Entity's realm.

You snuck downstairs after, getting youself a glance of water. Even though you had slept at nine last night and it was now half past five (eight hours passing) you felt far more fatigued than you normally should.

Glancing at the calendar you knew why you felt off, you were supposed to get your period two days ago.

With a frown you decided to stay up and make breakfast, ignoring it for the moment. Settling with french toast you set to work.

You were in the middle of finishing Keith's serving when he came downstairs.

You watched him stretch and yawn, greeting you a cheery, "good morning."

You nodded back to him, putting the rest of the french toast on his plate. You gestured for him to grab it, which he did with a thankful grin.

You smiled at him, and went over to the freezer. A song playing itself in your head.

"What are you doing?" Keith asked as he sat down.

You shrugged, taking out the (flavour) ice cream.

"For breakfast... you're having ice cream with your breakfast?"

You shrugged again, taking a large spoon and grabbing ice cream from the container and onto a side of your plate next to the toast.

"Weirdo... just- weirdo." Keith laughed before happily digging into his meal.

You smiled, rolling your eyes and then going to sit across from him. Without another glance at him you began to eat.

•▪°○°▪•

"Everything looks great, Leah." You commented as you both finally looked at the room. Decorated with purple and gold streamers and few balloons in the corners in similar hues. The cake would be taken out to the table once the party actually started.

"Thank you for your help, it turned out better than I expected." She grinned brightly at you.

You nod in agreement, "they will be arriving soon?"

"Yep! Birthday girl is last of course." She takes a sip from her glass of water, "thanks a lot for this. I owe you one now."

You shake your head, stubborn. "No, it's okay. I choose to do this." You signed, smiling. Leah just shakes her head and rolls her eyes, grin still present.