Chapter V: Lucid Dreaming

《A/n: Photo above is (Y/n)'s Outfit in her "dreams"...

Anyway, enjoy ^^ 》

You stepped into the car, painting moved to the passenger's seat as you planned your directions to the postal office.

You wanted to ship the painting early, seeing as the buyer had paid you earlier than expected. Something people rarely did, as they wouldn't want to get scammed (and neither did you.) So you might as well want to return the gesture.

You drove with the radio on low, tapping your finger to the beat of the music, (Fav/song). A good choice on the radio channel.

You ended up to the postal office sooner than you expected. Entering through the door with a notifying bell.

"Hey there sweetcheeks, got another paintin' ya sellin'?" An old woman, a small smile on her face as she asked. Her western accent broke the silence.

You nodded, giving her your own awkward smile. You've come through the postal office enough times for the woman to recognize you, and you met her son once in a while who helped. She also figured out you weren't capable of speech, soon after you first came to the place with Keith.

You held up the package, pointing to the address.

She nodded with a grin, "all right, just a few more things to do."

•▪°○°▪•

Your eyes flicked over to the radio before you reached to turn up the volume. Having an ear for music, you always had the radio on when possible.

You started the car, backing out of the parking spot and towards an all to a familiar place.

After five minutes, you arrived, taking a minute to breathe in your spot before getting out if the car.

You waited patiently for people to pass you before you crossed over to the café.

The bell jingles as you step in, the warm air breezing past. You smile slowly and walk over to the front counter.

"Hold on there! I'll be right over!" Leah exclaimed from the back room.

You waited a few seconds though instead of Leah, Amélia walked over to man the cash register.

You got a better look at her this time, as she stood right across the counter. Her eyes bore into yours, almost like a predator, but you ignored it. Her eyes were unique...

"What would you like?" She asked, and you bit your bottom lip to look at the display of baked goods.

You pointed to the muffins, the muffin Jessica let you try was indeed good. But in your opinion, these were better.

"Un ou deux?" She asks in French, walking over to get a paper bag.

You held up two fingers, then tapped your lip in thought. You could go for a cool drink, ice tea?

You extended out your hand to take the bag from her as she offered it to you.

"Anything else?"

Leah pokes her head through the doorway, "oh (Y/n)!" She grins and rushes over by Amélia's side to greet you.

"Ice tea?" You signed to Leah, who smiles and nods.

"Comin' right up, luv." Amélia looks between the two of you, before sauntering to the back room.

She comes back with a filled cup in hand and slides it over to you.

"Thank you." You mouthed, grateful. Leah gives you the price, and you hand over the money.