Chapter X: Resurfaced Feelings

You stared at the painting.

Usually you had something in mind when you painted, lately, you had just been letting yourself run your brush across the canvas, as was this case.

You had subconsciously drawn Michael Myers.

You felt your ears burn in embarrassment, but you calmed yourself down seeing as nobody knew.

You definitely weren't selling it, but you didn't want to stash it away somewhere either. Hidden from sight.

Okay, so maybe your childhood crush was resurfacing. You'd be damned if it wasn't.

It was your little secret, that you had grown a puppy crush on the boy. Until it turned to feel like more than just a puppy crush.

You were 12 when you visited him, he had kept to himself though. He remained quiet as you told him how you missed him, the thought of him killing his sister was shocking, but in the end you felt as though you didn't care. Judith was always teasing you in a rude manner anyway. He was reluctant at first but allowed you to even hold his hand. You were beaming for days.

But your mother soon after had refused to let you go back to visit. So when you finally got your drivers license, you made your excuses to sneak out to Smith's Grove.

It was until you heard that Michael broke out of the place and then disappears (along with the woman Laurie Strode) soon after, you tried to get over your feelings for the man.

In truth, you never had gotten over those feelings, and now that you had spoken and reunited with your old friend you couldn't help but say they might have gotten stronger.

Without a doubt, you were a hopeless romantic.

With the sigh from your lips, you stood to clean your brushes and paint palette.

You stepped out of the room, leaving the door slightly ajar to go to the bathroom.

You didn't notice your younger brother sneak into your art room.

•▪°○°▪•

The moment you "awakened" in the Entity's forest, you walked farther from the campfire in the faith of it leading you to Michael, to Haddonfield. You heard Claudette call for you, but you waved her off for the moment.

Unfortunately, the message was relayed to you at a certain point, he is in a trial.

You frowned, though you should have anticipated this possibility.

Disappointed, you turned back, not questioned by your odd actions. Though you could use the company of the others. They were a good company, after all, you enjoyed what they had to say, and they slowly began to warm up to you too.

You weren't going to lie, it was a pain to write down long sentences, but since you had no notepad and pencil- it was the best you've got at the moment.

You laughed at the jokes Meg and Nea cracked, sharing your own preferences on botany with Claudette. You listened to Bill and Laurie's stories, as well as David's past bar fights. When the question of your disappearance you had lied, anxiety-filled you of the possible negative reactions. "I offered it to wake me up early," you answer and left it at that.

You were entering their circle of family, the family that would power through this sickening, twisted game. You didn't want to possibly ruin that by telling them your relationship with Michael, but you also couldn't keep it hidden forever. So it was better sooner than later.

Now you sat, by the fire listening to Kate singing softly while Laurie toyed with your hair.

"Have you ever painted your nails?" Laurie asked, gently holding your hand to examine your fingers. "Like you would on canvases than just the normal base colour?"