17

"Hello sweetheart!"

          "Hello sweetheart!"

Rachel heard as soon as she entered her house, turning around to look at the person talking to her, excitement grew in her as she run and hugged her mother, letting go of her school bag she was holding. She was so happy to see her again because it's been so long since the last time she saw her. And even though she knew she would leave again soon for work or her other preoccupations all around the world, she was more than happy to just be there, in her arms as she felt the feeling only mothers can give.

"Mom, oh my goodness! I'm so happy to see you, I'm so happy that you're back." She said as she closed her eyes shut, still holding onto her firmly.

"What about me?" Her father said from behind them.

Turning to look at him too, she let go of her mother and run to him too, hugging him in pure happiness.

"Dad, of course I missed you too." She said, making him chuckle as he hugged her back.

Finally letting go of her, she realized that she was out of breath and laughed at her own excitement before looking at both of them.

She first observed Mrs Helena. Her natural hair looked more healthy and shiny with more defined curls. Her brown eyes more vibrant and alive. Her chocolate skin glowing. She looked absolutely beautiful. Turning to look at her father she met a big smile on his face as he walked next to his wife before kissing her forehead. His milky skin looked a little bit more red than usual but he looked so happy and just in a good shape.

She realized how beautiful they just looked with each other. She realized that they were one of the most beautiful interracial couple she knew and that made her so proud.

"So? Any news? How's aunt Sarah?"

She finally asked before walking to where her school bag was and picking it back up before placing it properly against the walls next to the door.

"She's doing absolutely fine! I think it's a miracle honestly. At first I thought she wouldn't make it but God knows how she did. She's so strong and I'm so proud of her." Mrs Helena said before walking to seat on their sofa with Mr James following behind her.

Smiling she closed her eyes and thanked God before opening them again, a big smile still plastered on her face.

"It's not a matter of being strong mom... it is called the power and grace of God."

__

One week later...

It was the last day of high school. After a whole week, Elijah and Rachel didn't talk at all. Elijah stopped glancing at her often and Rachel did the same. They completely ignored each other as if they haven't even met in their lives.