27

It was Sunday

          It was Sunday.

Rachel woke up early and got ready. She was wearing her long blue dress with her black sandals. With her hair in a ponytail, she looked at her reflection one more time before walking out of her bedroom.

As she was about to walk down the stairs, she heard Jack calling her name, sighing, she turned around to face him.

"Good morning," He started.

Rachel didn't really felt like talking to him after what he did last night. She couldn't understand why he was trying to embarrass her in front of her whole family.

"Hi," She replied drily.

He quickly looked at her before clearing his throat. He was dressed in his grey suit he loved wearing when going to church.

"You're going to church already?"

"Yes, I don't like being late."

He simply nodded in response before running his fingers through his hair.

"You're not going to eat breakfast before going?"

"No, I'm not hungry." She replied before smiling weakly at him as she tried to walk down the stairs.

But Jack stopped her by grabbing her wrist. "Wait," he said as soon as Rachel turned to look at him with her brows pulled together, a questioning look on her face.

"I was thinking of taking you out to drink some coffee and get breakfast before going to church," he looked at his watch before turning his whole attention back to her, "since we still have enough time." He added.

Rachel felt like rolling her eyes at him but stopped herself, not wanting to seem rude. Getting out of his gentle hold, she rubbed her wrists before looking back up at him.

"I don't think It's a good idea, someone is already waiting for me outside." She said, feeling a little bit sorry to say no to his invitation.

At her words, his jaw clenched. A glint of anger started rising inside of him but he breathed in and out once to calm himself down before looking back at her.

"Who's waiting for you?" He asked, already knowing the answer.

"Elijah." She replied.

His fists clenched.

Nodding at her, he sighed before walking away from her and back inside Davin's room as he closed the door way too hard behind him, making her flinch.

Ignoring what just happened, she walked out of the house silently, making sure to close the door shut behind her. Looking in front of her she met Elijah's car. The red one.

"Good morning!" He said excitedly as soon as Rachel got in.

Rubbing her temples slowly before forcing a smile to him. "Good morning."