33

"Eli!"

          "Eli!"

Davin shouted as loud as he could. He looked around him and Elijah wasn't there. Sighing, he shouted again.

"Eli!"

But nothing.

Elijah couldn't be found.

Davin started worrying.

He was too scared to let his imagination take over him. He didn't want to jump into conclusions. His heart started beating faster. He didn't know what to do.

"Elijah, please! If you're here say something!" He shouted again, this time loosing hope when he didn't even receive an answer.

The wind was blowing hard, the thin air was way too cold, the waves were loud making him feel even more worried.

He didn't even dare glance at the ocean. He was too scared to do it. He remembered the day they found Ruth's body. Lifeless and cold.

He remembered the look on Elijah's face that day, it was almost scary to look at him and see how hurt he was. He was alive but it looked like he wasn't.

His heart sank at the thought of him.

He has been through thunders in his life and he always stayed strong no matter what. He never gave up on life. So why would he do it now? Davin wondered.

What if this time it was just way too much for him?

What if this time he couldn't just be strong anymore?

What if he did it?

What if he jumped too?

At the thought of Elijah drowning himself the same way Ruth did made shivers run down his spine.

His eyes became to water.

"Where is he Davin?"

He turned around to meet Rachel looking at him with hope filling her eyes. He gulped before trying to speak even though he was trembling.

"I... Rachel, I told you to stay in the car."

"I know what you said Davin. But you took so long so since I'm worrying too much I just couldn't stay there."

Rachel walked towards him as she hugged her body with her long arms.

"You should've stayed there."

"Ugh, Davin! Just tell me already, where is he?!"

Rachel looked at him with tears starting to fill her eyes when she looked around her and didn't see blond hair in view.

"I don't know where he is Rachel, I don't know..."

He decided to be honest with her making Rachel gasp at his words.