28

When Elijah stopped the car, Rachel was still sleeping

When Elijah stopped the car, Rachel was still sleeping. Sighing, he looked out the window as the sound of raindrops filled his ears. He loved it when it was raining, especially in summer.

Turning his whole attention back to Rachel, he smiled at the sight of her. She had this peaceful look on her face while sleeping, her lips slightly parted and her brows slightly furrowed.

"Why are you so beautiful?"

He whispered to her as he stared at her with much attention as if she could hear him.

Some of her curls escaped her ponytail and fell down the sides of her face. He felt like touching her hair and her freckled face; but he didn't do it because he had much respect for her and her beliefs. He remembered the last time he hugged her. He could hear her heartbeat accelerating at the contact, she wasn't comfortable.

Shaking his head at her, he whispered again,

"You're something else Rachel."

When he said that Rachel shifted making Elijah gasp just a little bit thinking she would open her eyes. But she didn't, making Elijah let out a breath he didn't know he was holding.

"Can I tell you something?" He asked Rachel who was still unconscious.

He took his time to observe her, something he loved doing. When looking at her, he realized that he loved a lot of things about the girl sleeping in his car.

He loved the way her brows were pulled together when she was confused, the way her eyes lit up in happiness when she saw the ones she loved; the way her freckles decorated her skin in the most beautiful way; he loved her dark caramel skin that made him think of summer adventures; her wide nose filled with freckles; her curly hair that always looked like a garden of beautiful flowers....

He loved the way she was always kind to people no matter what; the way she talked about God; the way she always tried to please the Lord and observe his commandments; he loved the way she dressed so differently from the world, the way she looked so beautiful inside and out without even trying....

He realized that he absolutely loved everything about her.

Sighing, he closed his eyes before opening them again to see hers still closed as he let himself whisper the words he's too afraid to pronounce to a perfectly conscious Rachel.

"I am so in love with you Rachel. You can't even imagine."

***

The next day, Elijah stayed in his room all day, his head filled with thoughts. He had many things running inside his mind, not knowing what to do with them.

He was thinking of what to do with the fact that his heart was taken by the girl he wouldn't see for the three following years.

He was thinking of what would happen when he comes back. Will she still be there waiting for him? Will someone take her heart? Will he be too late?