32

When Davin stopped the car, Rachel looked around her and even though they were in total darkness, she recognized the place they were in

The ocean.

"Of course! That's where he must be. You're a genius Davin."

Rachel whispered as she looked at Davin with hope filling her eyes instantly.

"That's where... his mother... well Ruth-" He tried to explain, but Rachel stopped him.

"I know. He told me."

When she saw how worried he actually looked, her brows pulled together.

"What's wrong?" She asked confused.

Davin unbuckled his seatbelt before opening the door. "I just hope he didn't do something stupid." He whispered to her before stepping out of the car.

"Wait for me. Don't move Rachel."

Rachel shook her head brutally before unbuckling her own seat belt fast.

"No! I can't just stay here. I want to help you find him."

Davin rolled his eyes at her before running his fingers through his already messy hair.

"Stay here and I'll bring Elijah back to you. Please do what I'm telling you. Please." He begged before closing the door and walking further towards the ocean.

Rachel sighed before nodding at herself. She let out a deep breath before closing her eyes as she prayed for Davin to come back with a perfectly fine Elijah.

Davin tried to walk as quickly as possible. He knew this place so well. He used to always go there with Elijah when he was somehow feeling down. Their friendship was one of the rarest.

They knew everything about each other, they completely trusted each other and they most importantly considered each other more as brothers than simple friends.

They used to share all of their secrets. The only thing Davin never told Elijah is about Rachel being his sister. He just never felt like it was important. Certainly, he used to invite him to their house often but when he did, he made sure Rachel was not home.

The reason being, he knew his friend very well. Elijah was one of the biggest womanizers ever. He liked flirting with everything moving and even though he knew that his sister was far from being like all the girls Elijah used to hang out with, he just preferred to not take any risks.

When he started having feelings for Sophia Clair, Elijah was the first one to know. He used to encourage him to ask her out. For the first time in his life, he was in love. When they started dating, Elijah was also the first one to know before the news spread to the whole high school.

Sophia Clair has always been one of the most popular girls of their high school. With her long dark hair, long tanned legs, wide lips and her piercing eyes, she was one of the most wanted girls.