29

Elijah parked his car in front of the Dellis' house as he sighed

          Elijah parked his car in front of the Dellis' house as he sighed. They've been driving in silence since his confession to Rachel. She has been so silent that it almost made him feel worried.

He didn't know what was happening inside her mind and he wondered if telling her how he felt for her was actually a good idea.

When he told her the three words coming from his heart, he saw how her brows pulled together, how she quickly let go of him, making him feel cold all of a sudden. He saw how she took a few steps back, away from him.

But he didn't know what was written inside her eyes. He tried to understand but he just couldn't and that made him even more confused.

The truth is, he wasn't actually waiting for Rachel to tell him that she loved him back, the way he loved her too; even though deep down he knew that was what he desired the most.

He knew that Rachel has never been in love before and she wasn't used to boys confessing their feelings for her right in front of her while looking deep into her eyes.

It was a new experience for her and that made him feel a little bit less worried about her reaction.

Deciding to break the silence between them when he saw that Rachel was still in his car, not moving while looking right  in front of her, without even blinking, he turned to look at her.

"You know, you don't have to tell me that you love me back...or that you're feeling the same way for me. I... I just wanted to let you know how I feel for you and I'm sorry if it was too much for you..."

he run his fingers through his hair before speaking up again,"I just couldn't hold them in anymore."

Rachel finally blinked once before turning her whole attention back to the boy who was now madly in love with her. While looking at his blue eyes, she saw sincerity, love, kindness. She knew that Elijah was very serious about what he was saying to her.

"I, I just thought we were friends..."

She finally spoke, her voice dry.

"We are friends, Rachel. You are my best friend, you know that."

Elijah said as he unbuckled his seat belt, turning his body to her direction. It was a way to tell her that he was ready to have a long conversation with her if it was needed.

"But you said you love me.... not in a friendly way..." she said, this time playing with her fingers, not daring to look inside his blue eyes.

She didn't know what to think about all this. Or maybe she just didn't had the time to truly realize what was happening.

"I know Rachel, and I'm so sorry! But I just didn't know what to do about this... It was too heavy for me, I had to confess my feelings for you..."