24

The next morning, Gina was already at the Dellis' to pick Rachel up for their long afternoon out shopping

          The next morning, Gina was already at the Dellis' to pick Rachel up for their long afternoon out shopping. Waking up, she quickly got ready, wearing one of her most comfortable dresses. When she walked down the stairs, she met Gina and Davin whispering. They were so close to each other so that their already small whispers couldn't be heard. When they both saw her, they pulled apart and stopped their conversation instantly.

"Good morning sweetheart." Gina said, smiling at her nervously.

Rachel wondered what was happening. She knew that they knew each other because Davin and Elijah used to be very close which meant that Davin has met all of the close persons of the Bornman family. Deciding to ignore her own questions and what she just saw, she walked to them and hugged both of them quickly.

"Good morning! Thanks for coming Gina." She finally said.

Gina simply nodded at her before standing up, ready to walk away of the house. Davin turned his whole attention to Rachel, compared to Gina, he was very calm. Rachel looked back at him and waited for him to ask her some questions about last night or even why Gina was there and where they were going, but nothing, he didn't say anything, he just looked at her. Maybe he knew, she told herself.

"Let's go! No need to eat breakfast, we'll take care of our hunger later."

Gina added before grabbing her expensive purse.

"We'll talk later."

Davin said to Rachel before walking back up the stairs, and his expression told her that their little talk wouldn't be that little.

-

When Elijah woke up at the sound of his father knocking on his door gently, asking him to meet him in his office in thirty minutes- he simply took a quick shower and wore some decent clothes. He already knew what was going to happen, what he wanted to tell him because he was waiting for this his whole life. But that was before he realized that his life wasn't the same since Rachel. And now he didn't know if he was ready to face what his father had to tell him.

Knocking, his father demanded him to enter. He was sitting behind his big desk, his glasses in his hands as he looked at Elijah with his piercing blue eyes. Elijah quickly glanced at the beautiful view behind him which always amazes him no matter how many times he sees it.

"Take a seat." He nodded at the leather seat in front of him catching back Elijah's attention.

As he sat, he placed both of his hands on his lap before looking right inside his father's eyes. Blue to blue, he was ready to listen.

"I guess you already know why you're here." He started. "And that's a very good thing because we won't need to take long."

"But before we start, I would like to ask you something." He placed his glasses back on the wooden table in front of him before looking back at his son, who was waiting for him to pronounce his next words.