37

"I told you so many times that I don't want you to spend your money on me

          "I told you so many times that I don't want you to spend your money on me."

Rachel said before putting on her seatbelt. They were in Elijah's car, ready to go back to her house.

"Yes I know. But since you're going to be my wife very soon, what's mine will also be yours including my money."

He insisted as he started the car, his gaze not moving away from the road.

"Listen Rachel, I have so much money at such a young age already without even doing anything just because I was born in a rich family... and sometimes I even wonder what I should do with this money. I know that money won't make us happy, but it'll help us have a decent life. I'm also planning on working hard myself for both of us." He added.

"I know Elijah," she placed her hand on his free one before speaking up again, "I'm planning on working hard for us too. And I think we can do a lot of things to help as many people as we can with what we have and will probably have in the future by God's grace."

"What could we do to help others?"

Elijah asked, already liking that idea.

"We can build an orphanage. What do you think? I want to give to all the innocent kids what they truly deserve."

Elijah turned to look at her and smiled.

"It's a good idea, princess."

"You're back." Davin started as soon as she stepped inside the kitchen.

Rachel nodded before walking to their fridge and grabbing a cold water bottle and a clean glass.

"Guess what." Davin said again.

He was standing in front of the door, observing her movements carefully.

"What?" She suddenly turned to face him completely as she took a sip of her water.

"Jack left."

"What? Why?"

"You know why." Davin simply said before sighing. "You broke his heart, that's why he left." He joked but in his joke there was also a truth.

"Oh my sweet potatoes, I feel horrible."

Rachel placed the glass on the kitchen counter before rubbing her temples gently.

"It's not your fault, Rachel. I'm sure that he'll heal very soon." Davin laughed.

"Davin why are you laughing? This is not funny at all." Yet she couldn't help but laugh with him too.