Chapter 1: saved?

Hey guys (mostly girls I suppose) I'm Sofie and I'll be your author for the night ;)
Like some of you perhaps know, this is my very FIRST story on Wattpad. I am NOT a professional writer, I just write for fun.
This story is a One Direction fanfic, everything is made up, I do not know if they actually act like that or if they like this or that. Also this story isn't edited so if someone sees a mistake, feel free to correct me. Just stay nice.

Because this is my first story, I have no idea how this stuff works. Wattpad stories are a bit different from real books, I just wanted to give it a try.

My mother language is NOT English and I was very young when I wrote this so... my later stories are a bit better written I suppose. Check them out as well!

Anyway, please stick with me and give this story a chance :) you're welcome to give me some feedback, it will help improve my writing 'skills'.

THANK YOU! VOTE *puppy eyes*

Sophie's POV

Dean and I are together for almost 3 years. We met each other in high school. And no, it wasn't that cliché type of love story about a shy, nerdy girl and the bad boy, but it was pretty normal whatsoever.

He was that kind of guy who bought you flowers once in a while, he treated me like I was a treasure. He even bought me jewelry once. And even though we weren't exactly the it-couple, everybody approved of our relationship.

However, I do not know what changed him. After 2 years of being together he started to act different. No more red tulips on the kitchen table or romantic poems on valentine's day.
No longer did I feel like a treasure to him, perhaps by the time, he saw me as something he bought on a flea market. Even that doesn't describe the way he man-handled me.

One day I came home from college and he treated me like trash, getting angry for little to no things at all. And I never got to understand why I had deserved that kind of life with him.

I love that man. Well at least I loved him. But somehow, I couldn't find it in me to leave him when I still had the chance. I was naïve.

After that day, I did everything he asked me to do. I never disobeyed or disrespected him, I knew the consequences if I did. I felt like a dog on a leash. I was the pet he never had for Christmas, one he could stash around everywhere he went. Animal abuse I would say, but then different, since obviously I'm not an animal.

He would call me names such as slut or whore, he made me feel worthless, useless, an idiot. I've had all the insults you can possibly think of. But I could live with that, honestly. I was used to him saying all those bad things, if someone else would call me that, it would hurt more than when he would, cause it was normal and a daily thing coming from his mouth.

My thoughts were disturbed by some noise at the front door, I jumped up from my seat. I looked at the clock that hung on the wall. "Shit." I whispered to myself, I lost track of time. I knew Dean got home around this hour. A shiver ran down my spine, hoping he wouldn't notice the undone dishes.

He'll probably be drunk like most nights. To be honest, something I'd rather have a drunk Dean. If he's too drunk he might just pass out on the bed and I won't have to deal with his insults or forceful contact. I loved the nights when that happens. It gives me time to be by myself and think or read. Sadly, most of the time he is just drunk enough to five a full blown beating along with the right amount of insults thrown at me.

I followed the drunk figure with my eyes as he stumbled through the door. My blood ran cold as it raced through my veins in an unnatural speed. My heart beat sped up like crazy and sweat broke through on my forehead. I gulped, taking a step backwards as he waddled closer to me. Without realizing it, he had me trapped between his malodorant body and the wall.