Déjà vu?

Published on October the 1st, 2019. 06.45.

We've been here before, haven't we? This being the first day of the month in which we should in less than 744 hours, or 44,640 minutes, or 2,678,400 seconds be  - finally! - leaving the EU. But rather than being yet another in a series of Groundhog Days, this time it looks to be On despite the antics of the Westminster wrecking crew; their plans to hobble a Prime Minister who unlike the previous one is actually intent on seeing Brexit through may be thwarted by BoJo having a cunning plan to put an end to their mischief once and for all as described in this link. Unfortunately due to the Wattpad crap app's limitations you'll need to copy and paste it into a browser.

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2019/09/has-the-supreme-court-handed-boris-johnson-a-brexit-escape-route/

If the interpretation of the law is as described then Johnson can legitimately walk through the Benn Act or any additional legislation which might be rushed through Parliament like the Incredible Hulk shrugging off the remains of his split and tattered clothes. If his opponents belatedly realise the fact, and in desperation resort to their last-gasp Vote of No Confidence, Boris still has fourteen days - I assume that is fourteen parliamentary business days - to hold on, which should just about get him to the final EU summit scheduled for October the 17th/18th. By then - even if he was unable to win the required second Vote of Confidence as stipulated in the Fixed Term Parliament Act - he would as caretaker Prime Minister for the duration of any snap general election campaign be able to see a clean Brexit across the finishing line and reap the likely electoral benefit from doing so. Though at the time of writing the opposition parties have decided not to seek a VNC this week; probably because for all their bluster they realise they don't yet have the numbers to carry it. That is encouraging news for the PM, but there's still many a slip 'twixt cup and lip...