Explanation

"This is the third day of the attacks all over National City. CEO, Lena Luthor is officially wanted by the police. If you have any information about her whereabouts please report immediately. We will keep you updated..."

Alex turned off the big screen at the DEO with a deep sigh.

"This is unbelievable", she said and looked at Kara.

The Kryptonian didn't say anything in response, but everybody could tell that she was the most upset of them all.

"So here is what we got so far" J'ohn started with a cheering voice, "all of the attackers had Obsidian North technology in their households, so that can explain the source..."

"The odd thing is that no one seems to remember activating their technology", Brainy continued him. "As all of you know, to operate the tech, all you need to do is pass your fingers over your eyes, like this-" Brainy did as he explained and his eyes turned silver.

"Brainy!" Alex yelled.

The scared alien immediately turned the technology off. "What?" He asked with confusion.

"Why are you using it? It's dangerous!" Alex castigated him. She felt like she was explaining to a three-year-old that he shouldn't touch fire.

"It's not dangerous," Kara corrected her sister. It was the first thing she had said all evening.

"Lena didn't program it to be dangerous. It's not how it's supposed to work".

"Indeed, but we must keep in head that Lena-"

"Is a Luthor??" Kara yelled angrily, "J'ohn, are you serious?"

"I meant to say- that Lena can make mistakes too. Perhaps it's just a bug", J'ohn explained himself and tried to calm Kara down.

The blonde looked down. She felt bad for talking to J'ohn like that. It wasn't the first time she'd found herself reacting like that when others were talking about Lena... like hearing her name just lightened something in her... But whatever it was, she wasn't sure what it was and it's been quite alarming and confusing to hear herself saying things out of place.

She did know one thing, and it was that Lena had to do with it and that she was so worried about her.

"It's not just that", Brainy continued, walking around the room, "usually, even when you use Obsidian technology, you're capable of remembering what happened there and also be with even the tiniest connection to the real world".

"And?" Alex was confused.

"They aren't. The people claim to remember nothing. They weren't able to stop it".

Kara turned her back to the group and looked again at the big screen, thinking.

"But they did stop at some point..." Alex continued Brainy.

"Yes, yes they did, so it seems like whatever controls them, lasts for a few seconds to minutes every time".

Kara immediately turned back to the concerned group, as if she needed to hold on at any sign of truth and innocence that came up, anything that could prove Lena's true intentions, anything that could protect her...

"So... what they do is not really them?" Nia concluded with relief.

"No", Brainy confirmed, determined. "While using the technology, the users are not supposed to move in the real world. Only in the VR to wherever they wish".

So it was certain, Kara thought, someone must have messed with Obsidian and it was not Lena's fault.

"Seems like Lena should've known that something was wrong and stop it weeks ago when people were walking freely in the real world even while using Obsidian North technology", J'ohn said.