Chapter 11

Gianna's POV

Today's Nessa's birthday and I wanted to get her a gift. I searched the mall trying to find something for her. My mother looked around with a frown.

"Why are we here again?"

"Im getting a friend a gift"

"How old is this friend? Six?" She stared at me puzzled. Holding back my sigh, I looked at her.

"Mom, the present is for my tiny friend okay. She's my friend's daughter" I said trying to hide the hint of annoyance. She been trying to pick clues since last week.

"Who is he?"

"Mom...there is no he" she nodded holding her hands up as if she was surrendering.

"Okay...fine, keep your little secrets"

"I will" my eyes went straight to the minnie mouse camera. I heard Nessa love pictures, this would be cute.

I ended up buying her a nice pandora bracelet and the camera. Mom still snuck in questions here and there about my 'little friend'. I wish she would let it go for my sake.

*Nessa's Party*

They threw the party at mama's house. Nessa had all her friends over and they ran around playing in the backyard. Her family members from both sides of her families were here too.

Summer played with Nessa as I sat down talking to Destiny and Tina. Marcel, Carter, Jayceon and Rondo was talking, laughing, and playing poker at a separate table. Mama walked over to the table.

"You and Marcel still friends, huh?" I smiled looking at him.

"He asked me to be his girlfriend"

"That's good, I was hoping he was smart enough to" we laughed and she smiled sitting down.

"Men, now and days don't move fast enough" Dess mumbled looking over at Jay.

"Y'all are the first "friends" they've ever let me meet. I raised all three and they've turned out amazing"

"If you don't mind me asking, how did Marcel and Summer meet?" Tina asked and I looked over at her shocked.

"Tina!!"

"No...he's not defensive when it comes to their backstory" I nodded. "Summer was his friends with benefits, until he got her pregnant. He decided to be a man and take responsibility, asking her to be his girlfriend. They were together for two years and that was when he realized he loved her. After four years, he messed up and they broke up. Got back together and been on and off since. But he finally let go months ago" I looked at Summer as she laughed with Marcel holding Nessa.

"Does he still love her?" Dess looked and mama sigh.

"It's only because of Nessa" . "He cares about you and I know you care about him. That's old news, but she'll always been around"

"I know" she touched my hand and I looked at her with a small smile.

"He loves you, I know it" I looked over at him and he smiled once he seen me looking.

"Most definitely" Tina said smirking and I smiled.

"It's too early to even know whether he loves me or not"
*
*
*
We all circled around to sing Happy Birthday. She looked so cute in her minnie mouse outfit. I stood there and Marcel walked over putting his arm around me. I smiled looking up at him. Nessa grabbed my hand gently tugging at it.

"Make a wish with me, Gia" we closed our eyes making a wish. I let her blow the candles out and I could feel Summer's stare. I swear if stares could burn, there would be a hole on the side of my face.

"What did you wish for?" He asked pulling me closer.

"It's for me to know and us to find out"

Marcel's POV

I walked with mama to get some more drinks from the house. I picked up the cases of drinks and juices, turning around. She stood there, looking at me with her arms crossed.

"Do you really want Gia or are you playing with her heart?" I looked at her and sigh.

"Mama, she's my girlfriend"

"I know, but she's a sweet girl and I want you to be sure. You only have a connection with Summer because of Nessa. Gianna is a nice girl, don't hurt her" I looked down and she sigh.

"I know mama, I don't plan on hurting her" she narrowed her eyes at me nodding. I swear this lady thinks Im a casanova.

"Don't be playing with her emotions"

"I'm not and I won't"

*My House*

I was thinking about what mama said at Nessa's party. Gia came out the bathroom in one of my shirts and her hair pulled up. She looked beautiful in anything. I swear she could pull off old raggedy clothing if she wanted to.

"Gia"

"Hmm?" She hummed putting on her bonnet.

"Come 'ere" she got on the bed looking at me.

"Yeah?" I grabbed her waist and pulled her towards me.

"You know I'll never do anything to hurt you, right?"

"I know"

"Good" I pecked her lips, rubbing her thigh.

"Did mama talk to you?" she frowned.

"Yeah, but I want you to know Summer is in the past. We're only co-parenting"

"I understand"

She leaned forward kissing me. Her soft plumped lips touching mine. She slightly pulled away, nibbling on my lip.

"Now, can we order some takeout?" she asked smiling at me.

"Sure" We spent the rest of the night eating takeout and watching tv.