Chapter 21

Gianna's POV

I walked with Carson to class and we talked and laughed the way there. We walked in class and sat down. I looked at him and we paid attention to our professor. As she was teaching her lesson, I paid attention. She was talking about protected sex and babies.

"Okay, but what of we don't like using protection?" The guy asked and we all laughed.

"Well, Mr. Powell you'll be facing consequences for your actions. Such as babies of course and maybe STDs you don't want. But see now and days, you young men and women don't use protection anyway" Carson looked at me and I looked away.

"Mhm, Ms. Goldman" I looked away embarrassed and my teacher laughed.

"No need to put her on the spot, Carson. You probably don't either" we laughed and she smiled getting back to her lesson.

*After Classes*

We was at the dorm typing up on our assignments. My phone rung and I looked to see "Mama #2". Marcel's mother calling me?

*Phone Convo*
Gianna: "Hello?"
Olivia: "How are you stranger"
Gianna: "Im good mama, college is going great"
Olivia: "That's good"
Gianna: "Yeah, how are you?"
Olivia: "I'm good, it's nice to hear your voice"
Gianna: "Yeah, it's nice hearing yours"
Olivia: "You've been ignoring his calls" I sigh.
Gianna: "I'm not ready to talk to him yet"
Olivia: "Why is that? It's been weeks, almost a month"
Gianna: "I feel like I can't. I'm not ready to talk to him"
Olivia: "That's relatable"
Gianna: "I just wanna focuse on school. We can always talk, I'm not tryna avoid him. I still love him, just can't talk to him"
Olivia: "I understand and I'ma let you finish working. We just missed you around here"
Gianna: "I know, I miss y'all just as much. I'll talk toyou later"
Olivia: "Okay darling"
*End Of Convo*

I finished typing and Victoria came in with the food. We said grace and ate our food. I finished in time and sent it to my teacher's email. Laying down, I felt very tired. I decided to retire a little early that day while Carson and Victoria went out.

Marcel's POV

I decided to get the fuck up out that house. We decided to go to the mall and chill. It different with the girls at college and Gia basically fucking hating me.

"How's the whole Gia situation?" Carter asked and I really didn't wanna talk about this.

"She's still ignoring me" he nodded and I looked at him. "How's Dess?"

"We good, she's busy with college. But everything is the same. I see Gia from time to time" I nodded.

"How's she doing?" he sigh and looked at the shoes.

"She's umm.....she's happy" it felt good to know she was okay.

"I'm glad to hear she's doing okay. Mama talked to her earlier today and she seemed fine. She's still ignoring my calls and texts"

"Yeah, she met new friends, Carson and Victoria"

"Carson? Who the fuck is Carson?!" he laughed and I realized how jealous that came off.

"Some gay dude, chill" I couldn't help the frustration knowing someone could possibly be trying to get with her.

I went to the jeweler and he had my packages. I unboxed them and I felt satisfied looking at the cuban link. I got We left the mall and I went to go see mama. I been seeing her a lot lately for advice and support.

*Mama's House*

I sat back on the couch as she talked about Gia. It feels like I can't escape her. Not from my thoughts, my bed, my heart, my friends, my mother, even my daughter. She's everywhere, everyone constantly reminds me she exists and I can't talk to her.

"Why won't you go up there?" she asked looking at me as if I had six heads.

"And do what? Force her to talk to me and see me?" I looked up at the ceiling frustrated.

"You gotta do something!! Stop letting time go by without trying"

"I am trying"

"You're calling and texting!! Go up there and go get your girl!!" I sigh and looked at my mother.

I wanted to, damn I want to. But if she refuses to see me or tell me doesn't love me. I might lose my shit and I'm not joking.

"I'll think about it"

"Don't think too long" she said getting up and going to the kitchen. I sat back and looked at the tv. Why is it so fucking hard to love someone?