Chapter 16

The next day

Alyssa's P. O. V

Once I woke up, I got dressed up and rode my car. While driving to Terra's house, I noticed cops gathered up in an area. I could also see yellow tape which forbids anyone from entering that territory.

I got out of the car and asked one of the cops what was going on.

"There was an accident here." He explained. Suddenly, I spotted the same exact girl who was shushing someone. She was standing there, nobody paid attention to her at all. Like she was invisible. This time, I won't let her go. I must know who is she and why are she following me.

I bent down and crawled under the yellow tape. I know it wasn't right to do so but I really needed to know who is she. She may be useful, she can help me.

"Ma'am, you mustn't go there. This area is closed." one of the cops said. I didn't listen, I just kept walking forward. I needed to know who was that girl who always disappears and reappears.

"hey," I called out for her. She started walking away swiftly. "hey! Stop! Hey!"

But I couldn't catch up with her. Suddenly, I felt a cold hand touch my leg. I flinched and looked below, it was someone from the crashed car. I kneeled down and looked at who it was, and when I recognized that someone, I felt shocked and dumbfounded.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Terra?"

Noway! She can't die! I need her help. If she died, then who will help me? I have to do something.

"hey! There's an injured someone here!" I called out, but nobody seemed to notice me.

Then I heard Terra's voice, it was barely audible. I bent down to hear what was she trying to say. I tried my hardest to make out what was she trying to say.

"T-the..." She attempted to form a sentence but she couldn't.

"Terra, tell me." I whispered.

"the... Box..." she whimpered. I knew what she meant, I have to eliminate that damn box. It have something to do with Chelsea's weird attitude. I guess it's... Haunted? The thought of ghostly apparitions scared me.

"Alyssa, Watch out!"

I felt somebody dragging me aside. I further noticed that there was a lamppost was about to fall on me. The lamppost fell on Terra's car, tearing it apart. I started crying halfheartedly, she could live if it weren't for me. I implicated her in my troubles and now she's dead.

Then I realized that my rescuer was Liam. I'm really grateful for him, if it weren't for him, I would've died.

"Alyssa? What are you doing here?" Liam asked me confusingly. "and why are you crying? Is it someone you know?"

"It's someone who've been helping me with something, else. Anyways, what are you doing here?" I asked him, wiping my tears off.

"I was going to visit my grandparents, they live here" he shrugged.

"I need you to come over to my house, I wanna show you something." I said with a hint of seriousness. It's the last hope now, if Liam won't believe me then I'm going to have to do everything alone, by myself.

"Okay, let's go." he approved, getting up.

After they arrived home

After we both arrived home, I told him the whole story of my paranormal experience; Chelsea's weird behaviour, the sounds I've been hearing, the things I have been seeing. I also told him that we need to uncover this mansion's history.

"Have you searched for any traces or information in the basement or attic?" he questioned me.

"I searched in the basement, but not the attic." I retorted, feeling silly. How couldn't I think of searching in the attic? This thought never crossed my mind.

"Then let's go." He said

We made our way to the attic, I told Liam to wait for me outside. I didn't want him to come with me to the attic because in case anything paranormal occurs inside. I didn't want him to get involved in this paranormal stuff. I don't want anyone to get killed because of me.

The attic seemed ordinary but also dusty. I guess when this house was built?
I lit up the blue-light flashlight, I kept looking for anything important. When I noticed a bunch of toys, most of them were dolls. Actually the dolls had the same features, clothes and hair. It was like the previous residents had bought twenty similar dolls.

I picked up one of the dolls, and all of the sudden, a folded paper fell down from the doll' dress.
I took the paper and reluctantly opened it, I was afraid of it's content. It was a drawing, it consisted of; me, mom, and it was supposed to have Dad but instead there was a girl I didn't know.

A name was written above her,
It was "Diana."

CLIFFHANGER

HEY GUYS! How are you today?
What do you think about this chapter? Was it fun or boring? I'm really trying to put Cliffhangers in every chapter, I'm trying to make my audience and readers craving for more chapters ;)

So I hope you liked this chapter and my whole story,
Vote and comment, & thank u 💜😊

Lights Outजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें