Chapter 21 [Final chapter]

Kate's P. O. V

It was Chelsea, on the ceiling. Rose screamed and jumped off her seat. Irene seemed terrified but she tried to stay brave.

Scared of the dark, Little Katie?” She laughed demonically. I hardly swallowed the lump in my mouth, but I remembered Terra's words.

You have to show bravery, you mustn't be weak in front of her

I stood up confidently and held out my necklace which had a Holy Cross.

“In the name of the Father,
And of the son,
And of the Holy Spirit.
I commend you back to hell.” I shouted. Chelsea let out a piercing scream and jumped onto me.

Shut up!” She screamed into my face.

“I'm no more afraid of you, Diana.” I confidently say, trying to stay strong and courageous but inside, I was scared to death.

Chelsea was about to scratch me but then someone shone light on Chelsea and she let out another high-pitched scream which pierced into my ears and wracked my eardrums.

I looked back and it was Irene with an electric lantern.

“Get up,” Irene demanded. I got up and a thought immediately crossed my mind.

The box, I have to destroy it.

I hastily sped off to Chelsea's room and searched for the box, it wasn't there. I opened the cabinet and rummaged through it.

“Here are you,” I said, picking the box. I started throwing it at the wall continuously, trying to break it down but it didn't have a single scarth. I grabbed a pipe and started thrashing the damn box but it remained unharmed.

“Fuck.” I cursed and bent down to grab the box. I sprinted down the staircase, and I froze when I reached the bottom of the stairs.

Rose, Liam and Irene were tied up to chairs, and there was grey tape on their mouths. Then suddenly Mom, or I should say the bitch, popped out of nowhere.

“Hey Alyssa, or rather I say Kate. Because you unveiled our little secret.” she said, smirking evilly.

“I exposed your dirty secrets because I couldn't bear living with fucking liars!” I hollered.

“Oh oh oh, Ally. Don't curse. Because you're going to regret it later.” she said with her annoying tone.

Then 'dad' came out of the darkness.

“Yeah, Ally. If you keep being stubborn, we're going to do what she wants us to.” he said, widening his eyes in anger. I backed away.

“Stay away, or I'll destroy the box.” I threatened. 'mom' snickered and ran towards me, her eyes morphing into white.

“You're weak, you can't do anything.” she whispered devilishly, she was horrifyingly eyeless.

“don't listen to her.” I whispered to myself. I squeeze my eyes shut and didn't dare to open them.

She wrapped her hand around my neck, lifting me. I struggled to breath and kept kicking my legs. I raised my Cross and put it on her forehead. Her forehead burnt and she screamed, letting go of me. I fall on the ground and started panting. I immediately stood up and exited the house. I decided to bury the box, maybe that will overcome the evil.

I grabbed an axe and started digging a hole in the courtyard.

“Kate, stop it. You'll regret it.” it was the fake 'mom'. I ignored her and carried on digging.