Epilogue

After a week

After what happened, we moved to a new house. Me and Chelsea lived with uncle and Irene, as we didn't have any another home.

I woke up to the chirping of the birds, feeling soft and comfortable once again. I stretched and removed the covers, getting up, ready for a new day, full of happiness and love.

I brushed my chocolate hair and after I was done with my look I trudged downstairs. It was dark downstairs and I wondered why.

“Hello?” I call out. Suddenly, the lights turned on and everyone shouted “Happy birthday!”

I didn't realize it was my nineteenth birthday. I covered my wide-open mouth as I was surprised. Rose, Irene, Liam, uncle and Chelsea all were standing around the table where there was the birthday cake, they all were wearing birthday hats.

“Oh, thanks for remembering my birthday.” I said, tearing up with tears of happiness. Finally, we started a new fresh, and happy life. After we sang the usual birthday song, we sliced the cake. Each one of us got a piece.

“Kate, we'll blindfold you because we have a surprise.” Uncle Mark said. Rose blindfolded me and started leading me to the surprise's spot.

After we reached, Rose untied my blindfold and I froze. This time not in horror, but in awe.

“Oh my God...” I mumbled, tears of joy uncontrollably falling down my face.

It's the piano I've always wanted. I've always dreamed of playing on piano. I've had piano lessons once before but I never owned a real piano. Now, the piano is in front of me.

I sat down and slid my hand across the keyboard. It made wonderful music, I felt mesmerized. I started playing music on the piano, feeling my heart and soul being cleared. After I finished, everyone clapped. But soon, our happiness was ruined by a knock on the door.

Uncle Mark went to open the door, I followed him to the door. As soon as he opened, a postman was standing there with a carton box in his hands.

“Mail to Mr. Mark.” he said.

“Yes?”

“DA sent you this.” he handed Uncle the box. As soon as he opened it, I froze in complete shock. I was disoriented and speechless, I was about to faint.

It was the box I'd buried..

Then the telephone rang. I, half-conscious, walked up to it, picking the call. With shaky voice, I whispered “Hello?”

What I heard next would scare me forever. I was sure she was back.

Lights out...
.
.
.

Hey guys! So the book ended, but I'm not going to make a sequel. But if you want, I'll do it. Via comments :)

So vote to tell me if you want a sequel to Lights Out.
Bye temporarily 😊💖