Raven - Not His

Lucas Alexander Castellanos

I needed a break from all these drama at home. That's why I decided to escape to California where I owned a house. Currently my cousins stayed there. Tessa hates being surrounded with customariness and the tight security it comes with. So, she decided to leave. Even though everyone back home disagreed. She simply convinced them. The amount of bribery that runs in this household is beyond me. She's everyone's princess anyways.

I heard that Nikolaos found his mate. About time someone does. This place is filled with monstrous Lycans. We need someone to save our sanity. Even though it's just Nikolaos that's saved. I'm happy for him.

The drive to the private property was a quick one and in no time the car stops in front of the house. "Sir, I'll send your belongings to your room." Says Sean, my driver. Although, he's not a true Lycan. He's a faithful and loyal one. He's been with me for centuries and I intend to keep it that way. Too many traitors surround us.

I nod my head curtly as I open the door and get off. I make my way down the stairs and through the door. "Well hello, dear brother." Tessa's voice greets me from across the room. She's siting on the sofa, her head turned around to face me.

"Hello to you too, Tessa." I walk towards her. Then I see Nikolaos siting on the other end of a sofa with a blond hair beauty, tightly wrapped around his arms. I felt a pang of jealousy before it quickly disappeared.

"Hello Nikolaos." I am now standing in front of them. "It's good to see that someone has finally found their mate." I look at the beauty beside him and extend my hand. "Hello, I'm Lucas. It's nice finally meeting you." I smile as she holds my hand.

Not even a second later, Nikolaos growls under his breath before he snatches her hand from my hold. I back away with my hands in the air. A smirk clear on my face. He's so smitten.

I go and seat next to Tessa. She clearly wants to say something but is waiting for me to give her a go ahead. "What is it Tessa?" I lean back against the sofa.

"So, there's this little beast that's also been living with us. I may or may not have forgotten to inform you about her. She's Aya's little sister." She quickly adds as I turn to look her way.

When I don't say anything, she continues. "So, the thing is we don't know what she is. She may or may not be one of us. She may or most probably not though, be a human. Okay stop. Stop. She's not. She is not. Even though she may seem like one. I promise, she's not."

"Tessa, what are you talking about?" I growl warningly. "You know that humans can't know about us unless you are mated to one." Then I look to the other side where Aya sat nervously next to Nikolaos who was rubbing his hand up and down her arm, calming her.

"How come she's your sister and you don't know what she is?" I read her brown eyes that were so light in the daylight. "I met Aya when I was eight. We have been together since. She only has me. I'm her only family. Please let her stay." She begs me but still holds my gaze.

She's a strong woman. I can sense the Alpha blood in her, even though she's turned into a Lycan now. "We are her family too." Eliana adds from beside me as Nikolaos nods. I lean back and face the ceiling as I relax my body on the sofa, arms crossed across my chest. This one person seems to have smitten them all.

"She calls me a sister, you know." Tessa's voice is filled with so much affection for this being. "She's a crazy one. You too will eventually fall in love with her." I turn my head to her but she's already looking at me.

"We'll see about that." Then I get up and head towards my room upstairs which occupies the whole top floor.

As soon as I shut the door behind me, I walk into the spacious bathroom. I undress myself and stand under the showerhead as the water washes down my body. Mate. The word plays around my head as I stood in front of the large mirror, right above the long table with the sink fitted on it.