Raven's Lover Boy

I got up quite early when the dawn was trying to peak through the woods. I made my way inside the house through the back door that I might have left open. I hope nothing was stolen. I doubt it though. I head to my room and take yet another shower to wash off all the woody smell off me. If that's even possible.

I get dressed into a plain white baggy t-shirt and a black short this time which was as long as the t-shirt itself and came about mid-thigh. I grabbed my black shoulder bag and put it across my shoulder and put on yet another white trainer that I got from one of those expensive stores that Eliana took me in.

I better run before she sees me. Or else I'm going to turn into her barbie doll that she's going to play dress up with. I'm pretty sure Aya would definitely be with Eliana this time, helping her to choose dresses for me.

I shudder at that thought. Okay. Time to go. Even when I don't know where I'm going. Anywhere away from him is better. See. I told myself. If I see a Lycan. Male. Unmated. Run away. And I intend to stick to it.

I don't work weekends anymore. But as I didn't inform anyone about that last night, my secret is safe with me. For now.

When I think, I made it outside without anyone noticing me. I see him. Lucas.

He's coming towards me as I take the final stairs up which might have led me to my freedom. For today. When he's just a few feet away from me, I wave at him. "Morning."

I could have just walked past him. God. Why?

"Where were you last night?"

"Huh?"

"Last night. I saw you go into the woods." I see. Okay? I gave him a look that probably told him, so what? "Were you with someone? Did you see anyone?" Okay, why is he bombarding me with questions this early in the morning?

I squint my eyes as I answer him. "No?"

"Why?" I ask him. "When did you get back? Why did you even go there, in the middle of the night? Aren't you scared?" I took a step back and held out my hands, palm facing him. "Woah. Hold on a second. What?"

But he doesn't say anything now. His arms are locked across his chest. His silver eyes, shooting bullets at me. If it were real, I would have been lying on a puddle of my own blood right now. His eyes are reading me again as he scans my body now. I somehow feel exposed in his eyes. I mean I am wearing a short today. Geez. Can a girl not get away with wearing a short, once in a while?

"I need to go? Now?" Okay, I seriously need to straighten up. I took a step to the side to walk around him. "Where are you going?" Again? "Work." I reply as I keep walking. But I felt the tingles before I felt his hand grab my elbow.

"Dressed like that?" His look was disapproving my choices of clothing. Here you go. Yet another person that has an issue with my fashion choices. Or might I say, a Lycan.

I quickly pull my arms from his hold before I fold them to my chest. "Yeah? Why not?" Now it was my turn to shoot lasers at him. He opened his mouth to say something back, but he shut them right back. He shakes his head. "Look I'm sorry. I don't know what came over me."

"I-it's okay. I need to go now." But I still don't make a move. His silver eyes are holding me captive. "Do you need a lift?" he asks still looking into my eyes.

"No." I exhale the words out. "Thank you." I give a quick smile and walk away. I still feel his eyes burning on my back as I kept walking further away.

I ended up walking back to the café. Now I'm sitting on a chair closest to the counter and resting my head on the table as I look outside. The café is really quiet this afternoon. The sun is lovely after all that rain yesterday. Maybe that's why all the people are outside today. Only a few tables were occupied, of course, one by me and one by Brad at the far corner who seemed to be focused on his laptop to care about me.