Why Not Raven?

I look at his perfectly handsome face, patiently waiting for me to answer. But I can also hear his heart, it's pounding. "He said, he knew me." I look at his chest where his heart was beating rapidly. I slowly put my hand out to reach his heart. My palm against his heart as it slowed down but was still very fast.

"He said that I was a Lycan too." My eyes flicker back to his. He had a knowing look on his face. So, I continued. "He was supposed to kill me the moment I was born. Seems like he couldn't, so he left me in the woods, thinking that the animals there would do his job for him. Unfortunately, the woods protected me." I release a breath as I break off his stare and turn to Aya.

"He had been watching us the moment we left the woods. He would have tried to kill me if we hadn't met Eliana that day." Then I face Eliana. "This whole time he had his eyes on me. He said something about letting me live if only he hadn't seen me with you, Lucas." I look down to the soft beige carpet. "He said only I couldn't be with you. If I did, he would lose his head."

Snarls and growls kept coming from him throughout the time I was talking, explaining. He had placed his head deep within my hair on the back of my neck. Like he was trying to breath me in. Only me.

"He probably knew who I was too, but he never told me. So, I'm still clueless as to who I am." I release a sigh as I lean back into him. My own hands come to his arms that once again caged me and lightly rubbed it, trying to calm him.

Eliana smiles at me softly. "You know who you are. You are my sister, little Raven. You are our family. As you'll always be." I smile back at her as a single tear flows from my eye. I look at Aya and Elias' who equally nods their head. I quickly wipe my tears away and look at my hand on his arm.

"Don't cry, Koraki. I cannot bear to see you cry." He whispers behind my ear. I chuckle as I look up at them again. "I'm not sad. I'm happy." Then I try to pull his arms off me. Raven can only try. But he had the arms of a beast, he wouldn't bulge. So, I just huff a breath and turned around on his lap to face him.

"Anyways, why are you acting like this?" I completely change the topic as my index finger pokes his chest, accusing him. "Acting like what?" He has this amusing look on his face now. He clearly knows what I'm talking about.

"I'm talking about you mister." Then I put both my palms on his chest and try to push him again. Well, one can only try even if they know they can't succeed. "See this. Why are you not letting me go?" I shout at him. But his growl makes me stop my tantrum.

"I'm never letting you go." He growls as he pulls me to him and hugs me tightly.

"Okay time for me to leave." I hear Eliana giggle as I see her walking up the stairs. "No, don't leave me with him." I cry for help.

"Let us get going too." I hear Aya and watch her pull Elias upstairs too. "Not you too, sister." I call after her. But they all laugh and head upstairs.

"Finally, alone at last." He whispers on my ear. What? "No, we are not. They are still upstairs. They will come to help if I scream." I try to sound confident, but I start stuttering. Oh, why now?

"Will they now? But I don't mind hearing your screams though." He pulls away from me slightly to look me in the eye. His eyes full of mischievous glint. While I look back at him dumbfounded.

"Don't you have a mate waiting for you?" I don't mean to say it. I really don't. His eyes flicker between mine as he grins slyly. "Yes, I do. Now that you reminded me." Ouch. That hurts. "Why don't you just go to her then?" I mumble under my breath as I look down. He arches his back and laughs hard, making me look back up at him again.

I just love the sound of his laughter. His whole face lightens up and makes him look so carefree. He has this persona that makes my heart warm up. Oh Ravens, I love this Lycan so much that it hurts. So very much. "Let's go then, Koraki." He picks me up in his arms once again. No.

"You can't do this to me. Put me down." I scream and hit him on his chest. Quite hard, might I add. But it seems to have no effect on him. This Lycan.

Just then my stomach growls. Like really loud. Embarrassing. He chuckles and shakes his head. "I guess my mate is hungry. Why don't I just feed you first?"

"Come again." I'm pretty sure my face says it all. "I do not understand what you are saying!" I try to push off him. Still no luck. "Stop talking alien to me."

He walks into the kitchen and puts me on top of the kitchen island as he adjusts himself in between my legs. He leans forward, really close. Almost every part of my body is touching his as he bends down and puts his forehead against mine, forcing my eyes on his. One of his hand is on my waist while the other comes to gently cup my face.

I feel it. All the soft tingles that I've been trying so hard not to react to. I feel the air buzzing around with charged energy. I feel my heartbeat pumping really fast. He slowly rubs his thumb on my cheeks which makes my eyes flutter and lean my face against his big warm hand. I love this feeling. I love him. If only he was mine. If only he belonged to Raven.

I close my eyes as his hand now held all the weight of my head. I felt tears streaking down my face. Why am I feeling like this? Why does it hurt to think of him with some other girl? Why does he not belong to me? Why not Raven? Why?

"Koraki. Shh. Are you hurting somewhere? Are you okay? Please don't cry. Please don't." I feel both his hands tightly wrapped around my head as he swings us sideways, comforting me. Why is he so nice? Why does he have to be so nice? I can't hate him when he's this nice. "I hate you." I lightly hit his back. I love you. So much.

I feel him kiss the crown of my head and feel his lips linger there. Why? Then I start crying hard. "Shh. I'm sorry. I can't bear to see you in tears. Please Koraki. Don't cry." He moves one of his hand on my back and gently rubs in circle.

After a while, I push my feelings away and push him back. He lets me but his hands rests on my hip now. I quickly wipe the tears on my face with the back of my hand and look up at him. Yes, he's still taller. Giant.

"I'm hungry. Make me something." I'm acting like one of those rich bratty girls now. His face is filled with worries as he looks at me, but he lets a small smile escape. He leans down and gives me a light kiss on my forehead as he says, "Yes, mam'."

See, what I mean? He's too nice. Way too nice. For me.