Stupid Mistake

Damien's POV.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE! My wolf Michael screamed at me.

My mate just saw me kissing my ex Ashley. I wish I could say that she came onto me, but in all honesty I'm just that much of a f*** up.

When Scarlett ran out on me yesterday, I was shocked to say the least. No girl has ever run from me, they practically throw themselves at me. So when she ran I was in a daze, and Ashley came over. When she kissed me, I didn't fight her, if anything I took complete control over it. One thing led to another and lets just say she ended up staying the night.

Michael didn't talk to me all night, he shut me out. Disgusted that I would do that to our mate. This morning was no different,  in school I was defiantly kissing Ashley back. The thing that finally pulled me out of it was my mate's soft whisper. The sound of her voice made my wolf almost jump out of my skin, desperately trying to take over because I may have just ruined my chances with Scarlett.  Yay way to go me.

As soon as she left the cafeteria,  it felt like I could no longer breath. Like the wind had been knocked out of me. I know that Scarlett was feeling it to, her wolf was desperately calling to mine, whimpering in the back of my head, both of them.

How could I screw this up so soon? Ever since I was little I've wanted a love like my parents had, needless to say they weren't to pleased with my sleeping around, they wanted me to save myself for my mate. But no, I had to be a dumb ass.

I'll be luck if I ever see her again. I wouldn't blame her if she rejected me, I would reject me too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Scarlett's POV.

I don't know how long I've been dancing,  and I don't care. Jace is probably out of school by now, by how out of breath I am I'm guessing that I've been at it for hours with no break in between.  I shouldn't push myself so hard, but I can't find it in me to care at the moment.  Maybe I should go for a run.

No Scarlett,  you've pushed yourself so hard today. If you keep this up you're going to pass out and end up in the hospital.  Raine said, worry evident in her voice.

I don't care. I informed her.

Listen, I know you're hurt by Damien, but thi-

Hurt? You think he just hurt me? No Raine you don't get it, all those things that I've been through I was on my own, I didn't even sift yet. Nobody has ever given a damn about me, and I never got attached.  I've been hanging on by a thread for years, my life is a living hell. And I actually wanted to be with him! That's the sad part,  I gave him my last hope and he let me down. You know that when a mate rejects you, you could go insane?  Well I wasn't whole in the first place, so where does that leave us?  Am I hurt? Beyond belief , but I can't handle everything that I feel right now, it may push me over the edge.

There. I finally said what's been in my head since I saw him with Ashley this morning. And now that I finally voice it, there's no holding back my emotions. I fall to the ground, my body shaking my sobs. I'm broken, again.

I knew from the start that I was broken, I open my heart just a little bit and it reminds me why I'm broken in the first place.

_____________________________________
Okay so this is probably making you guys think "well isn't she moody, and clingy, gets attached really easily,  blablabla." Well she does have a reason for acting the way she does,  you'll find out in a later chapter ;)  also another thing, mates to me are like someone that you can't live without,  or you can you'll just never be the same person again. So if the characters seem dependent on each other, they are to a degree, like they can live without each other just that it'll be the worst pain in the world without each other.

Ps: Picture of Ashley on the side