sixteen

"Starting Monday, you will now report to Aaron Hotchner."

I felt a whirl of emotions overcome my body. I didn't know how to react, all I could do was smile- way too hard.

I turned to look at the man sitting next to me. His eyebrows were raised and he held a slight smirk on his lips. His dark eyes staring directly at mine.

"Your training will begin as soon as possible." I turned my gaze back to Strauss as she continued talking.

"You will need to pass a fitness exam, along with your firearms qualification in order to join the team on the field. Agent Hotchner has requested to help you do so."

My heart fluttered at her last sentence,

He requested? To help me?

"The team will brief you on the rules." She stood from her seat, followed by Aaron and I.

We shook hands as she spoke,

"Congratulations, Agent Carter. I'm certain you will make an excellent profiler."

"Thank you, ma'am!" I nodded as I headed to exit her office.

Agent Hotchner shook her hand as well and whispered something I wasn't able to make out. He then followed me out the door.

The smile on my face never left, in fact, it was only growing larger as the day went on.

The two of us entered the elevator in a comfortable silence.

"Could you press number three please?" I ask, not wanting to reach over him to press it myself.

"Actually, I have some things in my office I'd like to give you, if you don't mind stopping by?"

"Of course." I nodded as the doors to floor six opened.

Agent Hotchner held his hand out in front of him, indicating me to exit first.

What a gentleman.

"Congrats!" A group of people shouted, causing me to stumble backwards- right into Agent Hotchner.

I didn't have time to apologize, as someone grabbed my hand and jerked me towards the group of people.

It was the whole team. They all greeted me with hugs, every single one congratulating me on the new job.

I was shocked, I had only met these people a month ago, yet they treated me as one of their own.

The last one to approach me was Spencer. He pulled me in and engulfed me with his lengthy arms.

"You can thank him." He whispered in my ear.

"Who?" I asked as we pulled away and he pushed me back to in front of the elevator to where Agent Hotchner was still standing.

I looked up and our eyes immediately locked.

"Thank you." I said shyly, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.

He smiled, causing me to blush.

"We're all extremely lucky to have you join us." He spoke, giving me goosebumps all over my body.

I went to speak, but was interrupted by the elevator door opening once again.

Strauss walked out and stood next to me.

"May I have everyone's attention please?" The entire floor froze to face us, and I felt my cheeks redden quickly.

"This is Agent Carter. She will be joining the bureau."

I waved awkwardly, not knowing if I should say anything.

"Aaron, a word?" She turned to speak to Agent Hotchner.

The two of them walked up the stairs and to his office. Everyone else went back to what they were doing.

The team was still standing in front of me.

"Let's get this party started!" Morgan yelled.

"What? What do you mean?" I walked closer to them confused.

"We're going to Joe's! To celebrate!" Emily exclaimed.

"Joe's?" I asked.

"You- you've never been to Joe's Bar?" JJ said acting shocked.

"No?"

"That's it, we're going right now. First rounds on me!" Rossi stepped forward with his hands in the air.

Everyone cheered and laughed.

"Alright, fine. Just let me go get my stuff." I said as I turned to go back down the elevator.

"Wait! I'll come with you!" It was Reid, with his bag at his side, ready to go.

We both took the elevator down.

"Do you think we can invite Hayden?" Spencer asked.

"I don't see why not! We are celebrating me, afterall." I said jokingly as we exited and walked towards Hayden, who was packing his things.

"There you are! Oh hey, Spence!" He greeted us.

"You're coming with us." I said as I grabbed my things off my desk and stuffed them in my bag.

"Cool! Where are we going?"

"Joe's Bar. It's right down the street." Spencer answered.

"I love that place!" Hayden looked up when he finished packing his things.

"Has everyone been there except me?"

The three of us laughed as we headed towards the elevator to exit the building.

--

We've been at the bar for about an hour now. Aaron joined us shortly after talking to Strauss.

Spencer and I introduced Hayden to the rest of the team, and let me tell you, he was starstruck. Similar to how I was the first time I met them all.

JJ, Hayden, and Spencer were throwing darts, and Morgan was off dancing with a group of girls, far too young for him may I add. Rossi was at the bar talking to the bartender. The rest of us were sitting on bar stools at a small round table.

We all had drinks in our hands, enjoying the music.

"Just look at him move." Garcia said as she eyed Derek dancing. "It's like a cat."

"More like a dog!" Emily joked.

"He did not ask them to dance. They asked him." Garcia quickly defended him.

"Okay, he is a cat.... An alley cat!" The four of us laughed at Emily's comment.

"C'mon! Let's go join him!" Garcia took Emily's hand and they left, leaving me and Hotchner.

"So, tell me about yourself, Agent Hotchner." I said while taking a sip of my third drink.

"Please, you're part of the team now. Call me Hotch."

--

The next morning I woke with a pounding headache. I don't remember anything from last night.

I groaned as I opened my eyes, the bright lights blinding me.

"Good, you're awake." Someone spoke.

I jumped up, frantically looking at my surroundings. I was on a brown couch, not in my apartment.

Shit, what did I do.

"Relax. It's me." It was Hayden.

I sighed and took the water and pill he was holding.

"You drank a little too much last night." He giggled, elongating the little.

I face palmed in embarrassment.

"What time is it anyways?" I asked.

"It's 10:00. You-" He was then cut off.

Another person entered the living room we were sitting in, "Hey, I'm gonna head out before-"

"Spencer?"