twenty three

A/N: This picture is so cute omg I've never seen it before I love it

I woke up the next morning by the blinding sun peaking through the curtains. I groaned as I opened my eyes, revealing the beginning of an intense migraine.

I grabbed a pillow and covered it over my face, trying to fall back asleep in the dark.

"Good morning, Sleepy Head." A deep voice spoke.

I gasped as I threw the pillow on to the ground and jolted up to a sitting position.

There, I saw Hotch leaning against the doorway with his arms crossed. He wore grey sweatpants with a black t-shirt.

"Oh my god." I looked around at my surroundings frantically, I was not in my apartment. The events that occurred last night then resurfaced in my head; dancing with Elliott, him smacking my butt, Hotch and I arguing, and the kiss. "Oh my god." I repeated myself, covering my face with my hands.

He chuckled to himself, "Don't worry, I slept on the couch."

I sighed, this was extremely embarrassing.

My eyes peaked through my hands and I noticed I was no longer in my dress. I was wearing my black sweatpants and a multi-colored tie dyed t-shirt.

"Where's my dress? And how'd you get my clothes?" I asked.

He bit his lip, "I grabbed your go bag from your car before we left Joe's. Good thing I did, you threw up on your dress in the driveway."

"You're kidding." I laughed, at this point it wasn't even embarrassing, just extremely laughable.

"Nope." He said as he now entered his bedroom and sat on the edge of the bed I was sitting on.

"I am so sorry." I paused, "For everything."

"It's fine, really." He stated, putting a hand on my thigh from over the covers.

I groaned and covered my eyes as I laid back down on to his soft bed.

He laughed, "Come on, let's go get some food. It'll help with your hangover."

I rolled over on to my side and covered my face with the blankets.

He then pulled the covers off of me, "Let's go, I'm hungry." He laughed.

"Fine." I groggily got out of the bed and walked to use the bathroom attached to his room. I threw my tangled curly hair into a messy bun with the elastic that was on my wrist. I walked out to see Hotch changed from his sweatpants into jeans.

We both exited his bedroom and traveled down the stairs. He opened his front door for me and we stepped down his porch steps. I got into the passenger seat of his black SUV. Since he's unit chief, he got to take one home, it was his work car.

"So, where are we going?" I asked as he pulled out of his driveway and started driving.

"I was thinking IHOP?"

I nodded eagerly, excited to eat.

--

We were seated at a booth. I ordered the strawberry banana pancakes, and Hotch ordered the breakfast sampler.

We were talking about his experiences with different unsubs when our food arrived.

We began eating, but continued our conversation.

"Oh, one time I had to shoot someone from underwater."

"Woah! That's impressive."

We both laughed, but were interrupted by his phone ringing. I silently prayed we didn't have a case, I could not handle that right now.