eleven

After about thirty minutes of Garcia and I recapping the case information, an agent knocked on the door.

"Sorry to interrupt, the children are here."

The two of us exited the conference room to the main lobby where we were greeted by three kids.

"Hi there! I'm Agent Carter, and this is Penelope Garcia. It's nice to meet you all." I said sweetly as I bent down to their height.

"Follow us!" Garcia said. She wasn't only talking to the kids, I had to follow her too. The five us headed to a room very similar to the conference room.

"Here, take a seat." I said as I gestured to the three seats set up on one side of the table. Garcia and I then sat across from them.

I pressed the record button and began the interview.

"Alright, let's start out with the easy things. What are your names and ages?"

"Elliott Hale and I'm nine years old."

"Kyle Barker. I'm ten."

"I'm Lucas Hale. I'm twelve."

"Are you and Elliott brothers?" Garcia asked Lucas.

"Yeah! He's my big brother!" Elliott said excitedly.

"That's awesome! I too have a brother!" Garcia copied his emotion, trying to calm their nerves.

I giggled and continued the analysis,

"Okay, now can you tell me what you boys were doing before you made your discovery?" I had to watch my vocabulary, I didn't want to remind them that they did find a dead body.

"We were eating lunch at the park. It was a picnic!" Kyle explained.

"That's nice. May I ask who threw the trash away?" I knew the body was found in the dumpster, so what else could they have been doing?

"I did." Lucas spoke shyly.

Garcia and I nodded.

"Okay, Lucas, what did you do after throwing away your trash?"

"That's easy. He screamed like a girl!" The other two boys started laughing as Lucas's face turned red.

"Hey, hey, that's not very nice." Garcia said in a pouty tone.

"Lucas, was anyone else throwing away trash at the same time?"

He shook his head no.

"Well, did anyone come over after you screamed?"

"Yeah. Elliott, Kyle, and Mr. Finch."

"Who's Mr. Finch?" Garcia asked.

"He guards the park. He's really nice, sometimes he'll play catch with us." Kyle answered.

"Ooooh! And sometimes he even brings his big dog!" Elliott chimed in.

I'm assuming they were talking about an officer.

Garcia and I looked at each other, realizing we weren't getting much out of the kids.

"Thank you for your time boys." I said as I stood from my seat.

"If you remember anything else, please tell your parents to call us!" Garcia added as the three boys exited the room with the other agent.

I stopped the recording and sighed.

"Well, that didn't help."

"Nope. I better call Hotch and let him know we're done."

I nodded as she pulled out her cell.