thirty

A/N: This picture has absolutely no relevance to the chapter I just love it lmao

Six days later, we found our unsub. Currently, it's 10:00 pm, we are on the jet on our way home from the exhausting case.

"Everyone take off tomorrow, it's been a long week. If we get a case, I'll call." Hotch spoke.

We all nodded, not having the energy to celebrate.

I rose from my seat and grabbed my go bag, heading for the bathroom. In the tiny bathroom, I look off my professional work attire and slipped on a pair of comfy black leggings along with a pale yellow long sleeve. I braided my hair into a side braid and sighed, I was drained from this case.

When I opened the bathroom door, the whole team was staring at me with confused looks on their faces.

"What? Can a girl not get comfortable?" I laughed and sat across from Aaron, who was sitting next to Derek.

"Woah, Hotch, you better watch your girl!" He joked.

Aaron chuckled at Morgan's silly antics.

--

When we arrived back at headquarters, it was almost midnight. We didn't even bother going inside, everyone just wanted to go home.

We all made our way from the hangar and to the parking lot. I went to grab my keys from the side of my bag, when I realized they weren't there.

"Shit!" I groaned.

"What's wrong?" Aaron asked, placing a hand on the small of my back.

"I forgot, I don't have my car."

He chuckled, "Don't worry, I'll take you home."

And with that, we both hopped into his SUV and drove off.

We drove in a comfortable silence. I was staring out the window with Hotch's hand drawing small circles on my thigh.

I could feel myself slowly drifting to sleep.

--

"Devyn." He whispered.

I didn't budge.

"Devyn, come on. We're here."

"Huh?" I opened my eyes to see we were parked in the visitor section of my complex. I yawned as Aaron helped me out of his car.

He put an arm around me, guiding us to the entrance. I rested my head on his shoulder as we made our way to my apartment.

We stayed in this position until we reached my bedroom.

"Where's Gunner?" He asked.

"Tabitha's."

He carefully removed his arm from around me and removed my go bag from his back, placing it onto my dresser. He un-tucked the covers on my bed and picked me up bridal style, causing me to giggle through a yawn.

As he gingerly placed me on to my bed, I pulled his tie before he could stand back up, pecking him on the lips.

"Stay?" I asked.

He chuckled, "I don't know, Dev, I really should get going."

"Please?" If I'm being honest, I haven't felt safe by myself since the whole Anderson incident. It was nice always having Aaron by my side.

He sighed, "I don't have clothes."

I smirked, "And? I don't see a problem with that."

"Fine." He laughed.