17

today is the day. 26th december. she arrived home from her parents early in the afternoon and instantly put her things away, realising her busy day ahead. sighing, nervous about tonight, she head back to her car to go to the supermarket and buy plastic cups and a few drinks, including some gin for herself.

cleaning the house, her stomach performed somersaults as excitement and nerves combined. though enthusiastic about celebrating her birthday and partying with her best friends, daisy also felt anxious about spending the night with harry, knowing full well things weren't right between them.

finally ready at 7pm, she set up some flashing lights and the speaker, playing some dance music and anticipating the night ahead. a knock at the door. she took in a deep breath, pulling her nude dress down slightly and slowly walking towards the door. she was greeted by an extremely excited freya, who carried in large silver and pink helium balloons. "happy birthday baby!" she embraced her into a huge cuddle, almost suffocating her and talia joined as the 3 girls bounced up and down.

"happy birthday dais." josh wrapped a shoulder around her, causing daisy to smile.

"thanks guys!" she grinned, fixing her hair and dress as she appreciated the balloons. "there's some cups and drink over there if you didn't bring any." she gestured over to the kitchen, sipping on her own drink of lemon gin and lemonade as she felt a slight buzz from the couple of drinks she had whilst getting ready.

soon enough, her flat filled with more people and her nerves slightly faded as the door opened, "waheyyy!" simon cheered holding bottles and a gift bag in his hands as jj held her into a tight hug.

"happy birthday." jj screamed, dancing around with her in his arms as he passed her a bottle of champagne, "this is for you."

"aw thanks." she grinned, now looking up at simon who passed her a bottle of gin and a gift bag. "you shouldn't have." she glanced at the gifts, placing them on the table.

"shut up." he wrapped an arm around her shoulder, pulling her in close as her body pressed against his, "happy birthday." he cooed in her ear. "you look beautiful by the way." he whispered, pulling away from her to look her up and down. her nude dress hugging her curves in all the right places and the black heels giving her a bit more height than usual, but she knew she would change into a pair of trainers soon. her cheeks flushed at the compliment, flashing him a cheesy grin and walking over to the kitchen.

"drink?" she reached for a bottle from the fridge and passed it to him as she made herself another drink.

"cheers." he beamed, appreciating the atmosphere surrounding him. as she brushed past him, he placed his hand on her bum and gave it a light squeeze causing them both to giggle and for him to wink at her.

"cheeky." she slapped his arm teasingly, laughing as she mixed with everyone else at the party and swayed to the music.

the door opened again and she knew exactly who it was going to be. in walked cal, grasping a bottle of sambuca, a crate of beer and a birthday card. he cheered, "there's the birthday girl!" he pointed straight at her, handing her the card and ruffling up her perfectly curled hair.

"hey!" she shouted, trying to fix her hair as she smirked. watching harry slowly walk in behind him, her heart dropped as she took a sip of her drink. they both glanced at one another, her breathing slightly heavy. "hi."

"hi." he slowly held his arms out and she fell straight into them, they embraced with such intensity it was as though they had never been apart for so long. their arms clasped round one another and neither wanted to let go. "happy birthday." he mumbled into her ear as their chests pressed together.