4

"can - can we talk?" he stuttered, looking down at her petite figure.

"i don't know harry." they both stood in the doorway to the bathroom, staring at one another with sad eyes.

"come." he dragged her to simon's room and shutting the door behind him, he placed himself on the bed next to her. simultaneously taking a deep breath in, they both stared at each other waiting for the other to say something, but nothing came. she turned her head away from him, staring at her lap and picking at the nude nail polish on her nails.

"happy birthday." she mumbled, not wanting to look him in the eye, "can you - can you just enjoy your night? you look so sad and it's frustrating." she refused to lift her head up stumbling over her words, almost as though she was talking to her hands. "can we just sort things another time?"

"i'll enjoy my night if you promise to talk to me another time." he stood up in front of her, lifting his pinky in front of her face, waiting. she lifted hers up slowly, but not once looking at him and wrapped her pinky around his. it felt like years since they last pinky promised one another. but it had only been around 10 months.

she remembered the last time. he pinky promised that if she went to the gym with him he would buy her a nandos afterwards. and he did, she remembered it defeating the whole object of actually going for a workout to then stuff her face with chicken and chips afterwards, but she didn't care. she enjoyed spending time with him, even if it wasn't as often anymore because of katie. and then a week later, he just cut her off. it was bye bye daisy.

he stepped out of simon's room, shutting the door behind him and she threw herself back onto the bed. "fuck." she mumbled to herself, she almost did not want to talk to him again. she couldn't help, but feel some sort of romantic attraction towards him even with him looking so sad today. she couldn't do it to herself. her body felt heavy as she dragged herself from the bed and grabbed one of simon's hoodies, pulling it over herself and trudging back to the guys. she watched every single one of them individually, smiling to herself as she appreciated the impact they have had on her life. the love and appreciation they all show towards one another. they were all equally as wasted, apart from tobi who still had nightmares from the sambuca alarm and wasn't down for drinking today. they were literally her best friends and she felt herself welling up at the thought of it.

grabbing her bottle of wine, she took a large gulp and placed herself next to simon, "did i say you could steal my clothes?" he teased, shoving the hood over her head.

"i think it suits me." she twirled, laughing at the oversized fit of the hoodie and the sleeves hanging from her finger tips, "it's cosy too!" she grinned.

"guys, guys!" vik exclaimed, running over to everyone with bottles of spirit in hands, "let's play a drinking game!" he declared cheerfully, excitement filling him like a child on christmas.

everyone gathered in a circle on the floor, some on the sofa and some on the floor. daisy sat in between simon and lux where as harry sat opposite her next to cal and vik. they decided on 'truth or dare' with a variety of drinks in the middle to shot if you refuse to answer or do it. these games with the boys were always crazy and sometimes crossed a line so she felt slightly nervous. it started out light and funny, jj having to run around the flat naked for 2 minutes, ethan downing a beer upside down, cal admitting he's using some girl for sex and he doesn't really like her. then it was time for lux to ask simon.

"truth or dare simon?" he grinned mischievously.

"hmm, truth!" he shouted back.

"i was hoping you'd say that. are you in love with daisy?" everyone gasped, staring at both daisy and simon, eyes wide. he cleared his throat.