21

new year's eve, the night she had been dreading all week. daisy had barely slept after last night, genuinely confused by what happened between them. how they were so close to kissing once again, how badly she wanted to, but knowing it would only make matters worse.

she had barely spoke to anyone since boxing day, basically ignoring the group chats and hardly answering phone calls, only a few so that they at least knew she was alive.

unprepared for the year to come to an end, she debated as to whether going tonight was even a good idea, or if she should just celebrate at home with champagne in her pyjamas. pulling up her jeans slightly more, she stood in front of the mirror sighing to herself "it'll be fine." she muttered as she played with the hem of her top, finally grabbing her things and heading out.

upon reaching harry's, she was one of the last to arrive as a result of debating with herself almost all day as to whether she wanted to come. all the girls basically jumped on top of her, almost as though they had not seen her in years. quickly, all the boys came over also wrapping their arms around daisy, clearly aware of how shitty she had been feeling recently.

strolling over to the kitchen, she placed a bottle of wine on the table, grabbing a plastic cup. "hey, you okay?" she looked up at the figure talking to her, simon.

"mhm." she bit her lip, pouring the wine into the cup, bringing it to her lips and taking a sip.

"i've not spoke to you in a while." he looked down at her, taking a sip out of a bottle.

"i've not really spoke to anyone." she raised her eyebrows, giving an awkward smile. "oh well." shrugging her shoulders, her heels clicked along the floor as she walked away from the tall boy. watching her walk away, he sighed and furrowed his eyebrows. it was as though she no longer wanted simon anymore, she was too aware of his feelings towards her that it scared her and with all the confusion with harry she didn't know what to do.

standing alone awkwardly, she felt almost empty. completely unlike herself and almost desperate to head home. "you can't be acting like this on new year's eve!" cal ran over to her, squeezing her tightly. "why were you here last night?"

"oh erm." she quickly cleared her throat, "to see harry." he looked down at her, a confused expression across his face.

"why?" he questioned, clearly baffled. she shrugged her shoulders, catching harry in the corner of her eye.

"to talk." her attention clearly focused on harry, cal also drew his attention to the blue eyed boy.

"hmm. you guys seem to be doing a lot of talking." she quickly turned her attention back to cal, looking up at him and taking another sip of her drink.

"yeah, trying to sort things."

"hmm." he muttered, "god you're both being so weird at the moment." watching him stroll off, she pulled a puzzled look. what does he mean? gulping down the rest of her cup, she quickly walked over
to the kitchen to pour herself another.

"oh, sorry." she bumped into gib who was stood having a conversation with harry, but they both went equally silent as she appeared next to them.

"ayyy, you okay?" he cheered as they both hugged.

"yeah not bad." she gave him a soft smile, looking back at harry who stood awkwardly watching them. reaching into the fridge, she grabbed her wine and slowly poured it into the cup as the two boys stood in silence as though they wanted her to leave the area. quickly putting her wine back in the fridge, she grabbed her cup and held her head down as she scurried away.

walking over to freya, daisy requested if she would go to the toilet with her which she kindly agreed. "what's up?"

"nothing, why?" daisy sat herself on the toilet, looking up at the blonde girl who had a concerned expression on her face.