31

harry awoke, freezing cold, drained and shattered. he barely slept last night. all he could think about was her, how desperate he was for her touch. to know that somehow she is still around. they had not spoke since she left his yesterday and it was slowly killing him inside. but what he hated more was the thought of his best friends angry at him. if he could rebuild his friendships, he's one step closer to rebuilding himself.

sitting up, he contemplated as to whether what he was thinking right now was a good idea. driving to simon and jj's, to try put things right and hope they understand that he simply cannot control his feelings, just like simon couldn't control his. because in a way, they both acted upon those feelings towards daisy, it was just up to her to decide who she felt for.

after showering and changing, he stared at himself in the mirror, fearing he was getting into his bad ways again, when he actually needed to learn to love himself again. "you look good today lad." he muttered at himself in the mirror, throwing on that bright green coat that people can catch from miles away and walked towards his car. his heart felt as though it was going to burst from his chest, but he knew he needed to sort things with his friends before anything else. so he can concentrate on daisy again.

he lightly knocked on the door to the flat, dancing on the spot slightly, nerves beginning to take over. the door opened, to be greeted by simon, "oh hi." he mumbled.

"hi, erm, i want to talk." harry stood at the door twiddling his thumbs.

"okay." he muttered inaudibly, moving to the side slightly to allow harry to walk in. he slowly walked over to the sofa as simon closed the door behind him, nervously sitting on the edge of it. it felt weird feeling this anxious in simon and jj's flat. usually he felt comfortable, as if it was his own home too, but today he felt tense. like he was unwanted.

simon slowly sat on the opposite side of the sofa, staring at harry, waiting for him to say something. "look lad, we can't actually fall out about this."

"we aren't harry, it's just jj opening his mouth." simon rested back into the sofa.

"yeah, but he wouldn't have said anything along those lines if you didn't say it to him first." harry furrowed his eyebrows at the slender boy.

"yeah. i know." he muttered, crossing his arms across his chest.

"well i'm sorry if you felt like i've crossed a line or whatever simon." he offered simon a small smile who only narrowed his eyes back at him, causing harry to huff. "mate, you can be annoyed at me all you want, but i've apologised. i shouldn't have kissed daisy, i could tell that you liked her."

"yeah, i did like her. a lot." he rolled his eyes.

"lad, i'm sorry?" harry scoffed slightly. he hated situations like these. "but you can't blame me if she doesn't like you."

"harry, she's literally in love with you. that's why she doesn't like me." he muttered. harry bit his lip, taking in a deep breath. she really must feel that way towards him if she told simon.

"yeah. i think i feel that way towards her too." he gulped, looking down to his knees. they both sat in silence for a moment, "anyways," harry turned his head towards simon, "i am sorry."

"it's alright." simon sat up, offering harry a soft smile, "it's a bit shit, but she likes you not me. it's just life." he shrugged his shoulders. "i'm gonna get jj, he should apologise for yesterday really." he stood up, walking to jj's bedroom. harry instantly let out a sigh of relief, knowing that everything with his friends is finally sorted.

jj dragged himself from his bedroom, looking down to the floor as simon walked in front of him and sat down in the same place he was before. jj remained stood up, looking in harry's direction causing harry to look back. "yeah bro, i'm sorry about yesterday," he scratched the back of his neck slightly, "i shouldn't have said what i said. i just hated seeing simon upset." he smiled to his best friend.

"yeah, it's alright." harry lifted himself to his feet as jj brought him into a brotherly hug, all 3 boys smiling at one another.

"what's going on with you and daisy now then?" jj questioned.

"oh, i don't know lads." he shrugged his shoulders in response.

"you know, everyone thought you and daisy were gonna end up together. then you ended up with katie." jj giggled slightly.

"yeah, not the first time i've heard that." harry raised his eyebrow slightly.

"yeah it's true," simon muttered, "no one could understand where katie came from."

"i don't either. i think the whole 'friend' thing" he made air quotes, "threw me off with daisy. i'm gonna go anyways lads. bye." he smiled walking out of his door, letting out a sigh of relief. grateful his friends could forgive him.