12

they both awoke to the daylight peering through simon's blinds, the cold air filling his room. "morning dais."

"morning si." she responded, lifting her head from his chest to look at him. "you alright?" he did not appear to be his chirpy self.

"hmm." was all he could say, he no longer knew what to feel. "i just don't understand."

"don't understand what?" she slowly moved away from his chest, laying on the pillow next to him.

"us." he sighed, staring into her eyes just like last night.

"i still don't understand what you mean si." all she could do was stare back, she knew exactly what he was talking about and it was a conversation she was dreading, she just wished she had a bottle of wine right now.

"don't act stupid dais," he stared into her eyes stroking her cheek, "you know what i mean. we can't have sex and not talk about it again."

"there isn't really much to talk about si."

"what do you mean? daisy there is a lot to talk about!" he slowly moved his hand away from her face, resting it under the pillow beneath him. "i just want to know what's going on between us?"

"we're friends si."

"friends don't kiss daisy and friends don't certainly have sex. well i guess unless they're friends with benefits." he shrugged his shoulders, staring into her eyes.

"i know, but i'd feel bad for harry you know if we did start anything. i just feel like he would kick off." she began to turn away to avoid the conversation completely, but he quickly grabbed her shoulder.

"daisy why feel sorry for him?" she could not stand that he had started calling her daisy, it's like she had done something wrong "he hurt you, you have the rest of us now. you have me."

"i know i have you." she shrugged her shoulder from his grip, facing away from him. "but he needs me. i feel like i'm the only one who can help him."

"but why?" he sounded frustrated, "are you really that much of a mug, daisy? what if he took katie back, then what? because i've heard she's been dying for him again."

"oh." she exhaled, "well, if he wants her back too then he can have her i guess. i just wanted to help." she mumbled as simon placed a hand against her waist.

"you can still help, i'm just saying that you can't possibly trust him again because he could just drop you again." he slowly stroked his hand against her waist, hoping that he had not upset her.

"okay." she sighed, listening to simon's breath turn heavy as he had fallen asleep again. she reached for her phone on the bedside table. 11am. reading through her notifications, she noticed a text.

from Harold x
yeah, happy anniversary

she considered replying, but after what simon told her she no longer knew what to think, if harry is even worth considering in her life anymore. but her feelings were too deep to even let go.

to Harold x
you ok?

she instantly received a reply.

from Harold x
yeah, think me and katie are getting back together

so it's true then? he is going to go back after getting cheated on and she felt guilty for not helping. maybe if she was there for him then he wouldn't have.

to Harold x
ok.

from Harold x
is that all you can say?