The Beginning

Disclaimer I do not own the Percy Jackson or Heroes of Olympus series, they and all the characters in them belong to Rick Riordan, the only thing I technically own is the original characters and plot of this fanfiction.

A/N: Hi and welcome to a fanfiction that is technically a Chaos fanfic but hopefully not the usual cliché Percy get betrayed and then becomes the leader of an army in an instant one. i know that there are a lot of these fanfics out there but I like the premise of them so I wanted to try and write one of my own but make it as new and original as possible. I am by no means a writer and this if the first one I have ever written so please if you have any criticisms or suggestions let me know and I'll take them into consideration. Thank you and I hope you enjoy the story :)

The battles were coming to a close, the monsters of Gaea's army were starting to dwindle, the giants had been beaten by the Olympians with the help of their demigod children and were now helping to finish the rest of the army. The final threat left was the Earth mother herself, who for some reason decided to single me out, something to do with ruining her plans and wanting to destroy me. I had to admit, she was strong, I was a better fighter, but she was definitely more powerful. The fatigue was starting to set in and I could feel myself beginning to slow, which was not good, I had to end this quickly. I lunged forward and feint a swing from the right, she fell for it and I changed my attack to an upwards slice straight through he arm. She screamed as her arm drops to the floor and the look she gives makes my skin tingle. I could hear my friends cheering in the distance, not sure if they are cheering for me of if its because the monsters have all been reduced to dust, either way it doesn't matter, I need to press my attack while Gaea's weakened. 

I dash forward and then dodge her sword as she swings recklessly, still pressing forward, it seems all Gaea can do is try and defend. I hack away at her defence trying to create an opening, I swing at her legs and she dodges backwards to try and create some distance but I won't let her. Once again I run towards her, using every bit of strength and power I have left, then I see it, she's preparing another reckless slash. I duck under her sword and step inside her guard an with everything I have left, plunge riptide straight through her chest. Gaea drops her sword and falls to her knees. The weight of her earthen body on my tired legs brings me down as well. It's silent for what feels like an eternity when she says to me, "you might have beaten me Jackson, but I will still take everything from you. I curse you to be forgotten, everyone you know and everyone you will ever meet on my body will forget you even existed, you will watch as you fade from their memory's and despair as you can do nothing to change it, Percy Jackson I curse you." As soon as she says it she crumbles around me. I can do nothing but stay there, at the top of the hill and gaze out onto the battle field. As I look over the the ground littered with blood, dust and body's, Gaea's final words ring inside my head. I will be forgotten, by everyone, and there's nothing I can do about it. A small chuckle escapes my lips, of course I think to myself.

I can see everyone running up the hill towards me, so I dig riptide into the ground and use it to help myself to my feet. as I'm standing up Annabeth crashes into me and wraps me in a hug and in that moment I felt at peace. The rest of my friends make it up the hill and some join the hug while others place their hands on my shoulder or ruffle my hair and i can't help but laugh. everyone gives me a strange look, "what in the Gods' name are you laughing at seaweed brain?" Annabeth says with a punch to my shoulder, "nothing, its just good to see that you're all okay," I reply with a smile. Just then Hermes clears his throat, "I'm sorry to interrupt your glory moment Percy but we are going to be bringing everyone back to Olympus where we can properly treat the wounded and arrange the funerals of those who have fallen, would you all follow me," I grab Annabeth's hand and follow him to the Olympians, everyone else follows as we make our way down the hill. Nobody says much as I think we were all glad that this was finally over, but I couldn't seem to get Gaea's final words out of my head. We make it down to where everyone else was gathered when Zeus's big booming and dramatic voice can sounds of the crowd, "demigods please close your eyes as we move to Olympus, otherwise you will not make it back alive." It really annoyed how he seemed so carefree about saying people weren't going to make it back alive when we had just lost so many of our friends to a war, but he was right, so I closed my eyes and then a few moments later we're standing in a big open area on the floating city above New York. 

I look around to see nymphs and satyrs running around helping any wounded and carefully moving the dead. Most of the campers are sitting around either talking, crying, laughing or all three at once. I let go of Annabeth's hand, "go and check on your cabin mates," I say,

"What about you?" she asks me,

"I'll be fine, your the head of your cabin, they need to see that you're okay, plus, everyone in my cabin is alright," I tell her with small smile. She looks at me with a little bit of disapproval for my wonderful joke and then hits my arm. She then kisses my cheek and turns around with a small smile and I can hear her mumble "dummy," as she walks away. I look around for somewhere quiet I can finally sit down and spot a small area off to the side that's got no one around. As I'm walking over I look around and spot some familiar and some unfamiliar faces around, luckily it doesn't look like we lost to many demigods, but it was still a lot more than we should have. I lean myself against a tree and close my and for the first time in a while I fall asleep.  

"Percy! Percy! Wake up!" I open my eyes reach for riptide, flick the cap off and point it who's leant down in front of me, which unfortunately happens to be Hazel. She flinches and falls away from me, the look on her face shows me she's scared although she does try to hide it. "Sorry, bad habit I've developed." I reach my hand out to help her up and luckily for me she accepts the offer. "It's alright Percy, it's understandable given what has happened recently, just startled me is all," she replies as I lift her to her feet. "But back to what I was trying to tell you before everything has calmed down and the Gods are ready to have their awards ceremony," she says with a smile. "Alright, lets get going, don't want to keep the almighty Gods waiting do we," I reply with a small sigh. "Don't let them hear you talking like that Percy or they won't like it, even if it's true, best to stay on their good side," she chuckles. We were quite a walk from the throne room so we got to have a good talk on the way up there. "Hazel, did I ever tell you the time I sent the Gods Medusa's head?" She stopped in her tracks and just stared at me in shock, "I take that as a no," I laughed, well it's quite the story.

We reached the doors of the throne room and as we walked in the noise of all the people present disappeared and the room was almost silent. "Well now that all our heroes are here lets begin the presentation of the awards," Zeus said, sounding almost impatient. "Would the crew of the Argo II please come forward as well Nico Di Angelo and Reyna Ramírez." I'm surprised that Nico and Reyna are being presented with awards given Zeus's tendency to not care, but it is good that they are getting the recognition that their efforts deserve. "These heroes have risked their lives to help bring an end to this war and for that we are grateful," he continued on. It's not very often that you hear the King of the Gods say that he's grateful, and I can't help but smirk. Maybe the Gods have changed a bit after everything that happened, although it does seem hard to believe I think to myself. It seems like I wasn't the only one a little taken back by hearing Zeus say he was grateful as there was a murmur that started to go around the room. "We Gods!" Zeus raised his voice, everyone seemed to quite down, "have decided that we are offering each one of you a type of  immortality like the Hunters of Artemis, you will be immortal but you can still fall in battle, however, if you choose to reject this offer you may ask for one request." Everyone was stunned, gasps and whispers went through everyone present and everyone presented with the offer was standing and staring dumfounded. "We should also mention that for Frank Zhang, this will take away the curse of your life being bound to wood, while Hazel Levesque, your gems will no longer bring misfortune to people who touch them as well as remove any chance of you being brought back to the underworld for your previous death permanently. Also, while this is a reward for your deeds, we are also offering this in the hopes that with immortal members of each camp, it will bring about peace and comradeship between both Greek and Roman demigods." By this time everyone in the room is talking and yelling their opinions, the eight other recipients are talking between each other. Me on the other hand, I'm staying quiet, Gaea's words ringing in my head, if I'm going to be forgotten by everyone, why would I want to live forever, I don't, I don't want to have to live alone forever, so I might as well decline and use my request to help my friends. "Silence!" Zeus yells over the talking crowd, "before you accept we would like to call forward an individual we are offering a different reward, Percy Jackson, we are once again going to offer you the gift of Godhood."