The Way of the Sword

The past 2 months have been gruelling, Poseidon has been working me to the bone. He wasn't kidding when he told me training was going to be harder. I was given 4 hours to sleep and 1 hour to eat per day, the rest was spent strengthening my powers. Dad said it was to get used to being tired because when I'm by myself monsters aren't going to give me many breaks. Unfortunately I had to agree with him on that point. Although he was nice enough to give me 1 day a week off as a rest day. As he promised, once a week Apollo showed up on our little island to help me improve my healing. I seem to have gotten pretty good and it doesn't drain me as much now, which is a big bonus.

Dad told me that I could only sleep at the palace on my rest day, so I've spent most of my time in a tent with a foam mattress. When I did get a break I would spend my time with Nia and on rare occasions talk with Amphitrite. It was hard but I had grown to enjoy the training. Speaking of which that had changed as well. The island was a good place to practice control with water. Poseidon would have me sit on the edge of the cliff and lift huge amounts of water from the ocean up to me then back down. Basically weightlifting but on steroids, and with water. I did that for 5 hours as soon as I woke up every day. After the 5 hours I would take a 20 minute break to eat, then it was on to the next brutal task. Dad takes me to the bottom an underwater waterfall off the coast of Greenland. I sit at the bottom and meditate, working on stretching my senses out as far as I possibly can. The first time he took me there I was thrown around by the huge amount of water being pushed downwards. It took me a good couple days just to be able to sit and stay at the bottom. That was another 5 hours.

I would take another 20 minutes to eat, then move on. I needed to rapidly change the state of a large body of water. Freezing it, then heating, then bringing it back to water, it was a dreadful task. Once again that was another 5 hours. For the next 4 hours I would be moved to the middle of the ocean and combine all 3 exercises. Sitting on an ice platform I create, I stretch my senses and the limits of control as far as I can, then lift a massive wall of water in a circle around me and freeze it solid. I would repeat that process each time the circle got smaller until I could touch the ice I created. Then id turn it all back to water and start again.

Having done that for 2 months, I've become pretty powerful. In terms of raw strength I wouldn't be surprised if I could compete with the gods, maybe even some Olympians. But today is different today I start combat training and I've been itching for it. I have just had my rest day so right now I'm walking around the dark halls of the palace. My sleep schedule has been ruined. I'm awake a little bit early, I guess all the excitement was getting to me. I may as well have some extra food. I made my way to the dining hall and when I got there I was met with my new acquaintance. Amphitrite was sitting at her place at the table reading something and eating some Ambrosia, something about this scene is giving me déjà vu. She looked up from whatever she was reading and gave me a puzzled look. "Hi Amphitrite," I said to her. Her face changed from puzzled to angry. She stood up from her chair and then did something I don't think anyone would expect. The sea goddess brandished a weapon, something that she rarely ever does. "Who are you, what are you doing in the palace?" She spoke in an intimidating tone that would've been enough to startle most. I had forgotten how instant it is, and although we weren't close it has been nice talking to her every now and then. "I'm sorry for the intrusion my lady," I said calmly before I vapour travelled away.

I showed up on the island next to my tent, the wind was howling and the air was freezing. The cold didn't effect me that much, and the clothes that I had been given were surprisingly warm. It didn't matter though, reality had finally set back in. I knew it was stupid of me trying to get to know new people but I couldn't help it. Now there are only 2 people in Atlantis who even know who I am. I walked over to the edge of the cliff and sat down, legs dangling over the edge. The wind was whipping my hair around. I just waited there listening the waves crashing into the cliffside.