Percy Has His Fun

Annabeth was the last one in the arena, I'll need to talk with her after all this. Jason and Clarisse were on the other side warming up. "So, how would you like to do this, one on one or would you prefer to work together, won't help you either way," I call out to them with a smile and a wink. Jason shook his head and Clarisse just laughed at me. "Cocky brat," she said, "it'll be one on one Jackson, me first, then sparky." Jason walked off to the side to join the others in watching. I shrugged my shoulders, "suit yourself, I won't use my powers Clarisse, save you from getting wet." I flick the cap off riptide and it springs to life in my hand, "ready when you are," I call as I twirl my sword and get into a stance. "You're dead Prissy," she growled she pulled her spear from the ground and started walking towards me. When she had closed the distance enough I lunged forward to try and catch her off guard. It worked, she had to rush a block with her shield. I pressed the attack, slashing and feinting to try and create an opening. Her surprise didn't last long though, she parried one of my strikes after I thought she fell for a feint. Sparks flew as our weapons clashed, each time they collided a tingle went up my arm. She thrust forward, aiming for my right shoulder. I twisted my body as to avoid it, then used my front foot to pivot and spin around, slamming the butt of my sword into her back. She stumbled forward off balance, I gave her the time go get set again. "Have I ever told you how annoying that spear of yours is," I said to her shaking my arm to try and get some of the numbness to disappear. She charged toward me with a roar, it was her time to attack. 

Closing the short gap between us she swiped her spear in a big attack upwards from my right knee. I stepped back to avoid it but as soon as I did and her strike finished, she lunged forward and bashed me with her shield. I didn't have enough time to properly block it, so it hit me, and hit me hard. I stumbled back trying to regain my balance after being hit with the full force of the daughter of Ares and her shield. Clarisse didn't waste the chance she had created, she pushed forward, stabbing, slashing and using shield attacks not letting me balance myself. All I could do was block as I continued to stumble. Then she swiped at my legs, there was no way to block it and I couldn't jump over it. I was falling and this was going to hurt. Then in that split second I thought of something. I fell and as I did, I flicked my legs up and over the spear. I landed flat on my back with a thud and the wind flew out of my lungs. I couldn't just lay there though, I put my hands behind my head and pushed. Using my legs to fling myself back to my feet, just in time to block another side strike from Clarisse. My sword locked with hers below the spear head. The force behind her strike was insane. I kept our weapons locked as I stepped towards her, and running my blade along the shaft of her spear. Forcing her to drop it before my edge hit her fingers. Once she let go I slashed at her unguarded side, she brought her shield across to block but it was rushed and the force of my strike pushed her arm away. I crouched down and spun, sweeping her legs. She landed with a thud, looking up all she saw was the tip of my sword at her neck. "Alright I give," she said with strained breath. I moved my sword and reached out to give her a hand up, I wasn't really expecting her to accept it but she did. I helped lift her to her feet, "that was pretty good Clarisse, when the hell did you get so strong, my arms are tingling from blacking that last attack."

"Well someone had to get strong enough to protect the camp while you were sleeping Jackson," she said with a grunt, still trying to get air back in her lungs. "But since when were you that fast?" She asked, with some surprise coming through her tough sounding voice. "Was that a hint of praise Clarisse," I said sarcastically, "you're not getting soft on us are you," I continued with a chuckle. "Whatever, I'll beat you next time brat," she said as she walked over to pick up her spear and over to the others. "I look forward to it!" I called out as she walked away. "Alright Jase, your next," I said locking eyes with him as he slowly walked over to join me in the middle.