Fighting in the Depths

I've been here for a month now and I have to say, I've enjoyed it here. What I have been most surprised with is how much my powers have improved. I guess it really does help to be trained by a god. I can hold the creek in the air for 25 minutes, 30 if I really focus. My control and proficiency has improved as well, I barely even have to think now when I use water. Creating earthquakes have been a bit more difficult. I can create powerful wide spread quakes but I've been told that I need to be able to direct the force to a single area. I just can't quite get the hang of it. My time in Atlantis has been fun, I've made friends with Nia. She's quite an interesting person, she is still kind of up tight though. When we get time to talk we swap stories, she tells me about life in Atlantis and what it's like working in the palace. I tell her about my quests and any fun experiences at camp. It has been refreshing to be able to talk to someone who remembers who I am, someone who isn't a god anyway. My peace with Amphitrite has also been going well, that morning when she wanted to talk to me. When Poseidon walked in and saw us sitting and talking civilly it looked like he might feint. I think it might be possible to call us acquaintances. I have gone to the forges once or twice just to see Tyson, he seems to be doing well.

My thoughts were interrupted once I swam into the courtyard surrounding my training room. Dad was there talking to a Dolphin, and upon getting closer I saw it was Delphin. Poseidon had a solemn look on his face, I'm assuming Delphin would as well but dolphin expressions were hard to decipher. "Is there a problem?" I as I move towards them.

"Not really a problem son, more of an inconvenience," my father replied.

"That is one thing you could call a giant sea monster," Delphin added.

"So it's a sea monster, which one?" I continue to question both gods.

"It's a rather large kraken," it was Delphin who answered. Dad just stood there thinking. Krakens were rather bad news, I remember Annabeth telling me about them after she read it in some book. If one was close to Atlantis then it might be able to cause some problems. "Can't you just tell it to go away dad, you are the god of the sea, not to mention you have fathered some monsters before," I looked at him. He shook his head,

"Unfortunately not, krakens are different to normal Greek sea monsters."

"Different how?" I ask.

"That's not important, we just need to make sure it stays away from the kingdom," he says.

"Well you're an Olympian, can't you just beat it?"

"Usually yes but to do it quickly and cleanly would require massive amounts of power, something I am still recovering," he replied. I sigh, I was really hoping that I wouldn't have to fight any monsters yet especially powerful ones that gods fight. Although if I'm telling the truth, I have been itching for a fight. "Well how about I help you," I say, "If you don't have the power to do it by yourself, let me help. I don't want to sound cocky but I think I've become stronger than most gods." Delphin nodded his head in agreement, he was one of Poseidon's lieutenants so he was quite familiar when it came to planning for a fight. Dad seemed to think about it longer but nodded anyway. "Very well, Triton will not like this though," he spoke.

"Bring him along then, I don't like him but he is still a god. If he complains leave him, but if he gets in my way I'll go through him." There was a sharp edge to my voice. Dad didn't show any expression, he just looked at me. "Well that sounds like a decent plan," Delphin said breaking the silence, "I will gather some troops and do some damage control. Good luck my lord," he bowed his head. "Perseus," he nodded towards me before leaving.

"I will go tell Triton of the plan, you Percy can start to move to where the kraken is. It is located about 20km (12.4 miles) south of here" dad says, before disappearing in a cloud of bubbles. I smile, this should be fun.