When Given an Ultimatum Why Not Add Another Curse?

It started out like every other nightmare, I was being shown the dark wastelands of Tartarus. But something was different, instead of just being shown my memories of our time in the pit I felt like I was actually living it again. I could move, I could talk and look around and that's when I noticed the second thing wrong, I was alone. Annabeth was nowhere insight. The thought of being alone in the pit, a place that the gods dare not even go, it caused one feeling. Dread. I was one of if not the most sought after demigods in history. Targeted by gods and monsters alike, being in this place all alone only brought forward that one emotion. I felt a breath of hot air on my skin and that's when things went from bad to worse, I was being watched.

Slowly I reached my shaky hand into my pocket and took a small sigh of relief. I pulled out the pen I had long held dear and gripped it tightly in my hand, ready to be used in a flash. I scanned my surroundings trying to find whoever or whatever was watching me. I stretched out my senses using my new powers over water molecules to use whatever was in this poisonous air. I felt it, someone was slowly walking towards me. I was glad that it wasn't a monster, but then I realised, if it wasn't a monster down here there could only be one other option, a titan or something worse. I now wish it was just a monster. I turned to face the direction this being was coming from and tried to stop myself from shaking. Just as I was about to uncap riptide, the unholy voice of the being that had been haunting my dreams for months spoke. "Is the great Percy Jackson scared of the dark." His voice was powerful and it felt like it was coming from everywhere at once. The sheer terror I felt in that moment was enough to make me take a step back. He laughed, the sound went right through me and it seemed like the whole pit was shaking. "Come now boy, don't run away when there is so much we have to talk about." I wanted to run but I couldn't and even though I knew this was a dream it all felt so real. I steadied my shaking hands and stood up straight, I flicked off riptide's cap and felt the comforting feeling of my blade in my hand.

At that moment the living embodiment of the pit walked out of the darkness. "Put the sword away Jackson, it won't do you any good here," he sighed sounding almost bored. I took a deep breath and did as I was told. I capped my sword and put it back in my pocket. "What do you want?" I asked the primordial, I was trying as hard as I could to sound confident but I doubt it worked. Tartarus didn't say anything he just continued his walk towards me. As he became easier to see I studied him, after all it's not every day you get a bone chilling visit from the primordial of the pit so I may as well get a good look at him. He looked a lot different from when I last saw him, much more human. He was still quite tall, and this time he actually had a face. He still had his purple glistening skin, but he had hair as dark as the glass like shards that made up the floor of the pit. Instead of the giant suit of armour he wore a simple black suit but every now and then some sort of monster design appeared like it was trying to get out. His eyes were what stood out the most though, they were pitch black and swirling around as if trying to suck everything into them. He was still scary but nowhere near as terrifying as what he appeared as last time. One thing that definitely hasn't changed is the immense power that he radiated and that malevolence that it gives off. Being this close to him makes me want to fall to my knees and beg for it to end.

He came to a stop a couple meters in front of me. I must've been staring because what he said next caught me off guard, "is there something wrong with my appearance?" he spoke.

"Uhhh no," was my brilliant response. "What do you want?" I asked again. He looked me dead in the eyes and smiled a kind of creepy smile that sent shivers down my spine, "you, I want you," he said. "What do you want with me?" I said, my initial fear slowly being replaced by annoyance. Why is it no immortal ever gives clear answers. "I want you to come back to the pit, you stirred up trouble last time you were here, not to mention the fun you had with Ahkyls. I want the pleasure of killing you myself. I could wait until you die and attempt to torture you soul, your life is a spec for me so it wouldn't be a bother. Or you come back down, I have my fun and then send you to your happy place in the underworld." He tilted his head to the side and gave another creepy smile patiently waiting for some kind of answer. "Why would I do that?" I said to him. The smile disappeared from his face and a dark look dawned it instead. "Why!" he said angrily cause the ground to shake around us, "because I said so is why!" Tartarus clearly hasn't been questioned before and right now it is taking all my will power not to break down in front of him. Suddenly the pit stopped shaking and Tartarus regained he calm demeanour. Suddenly he closed the short distance between us before I could even think.